In Flames new gear

ruinandmisery said:
what does it matter if they changed to Gibson? The type of guitar you play does not matter, the music is what counts. And like scourge said, Gibson is better.

why would you say gibson is better if it doesnt matter what kind of guitar you use? and for the record...it DOES matter....id like to hear new in flames material with them using squire stratocasters....and see if it "doesnt matter" :tickled:

The background to the swap sure does matter. You don't fool around with breaking endorsement deals just like that, unless the deal is off. I'd sure like to know the facts about it...

Anyway, I can't really say that I'm sad not to see ESP-guitars in In Flames anymore (?). Have any of you noticed that Jesper didn't play an Explorer in the last video, plus that someone brougt a Flying V Voodoo to the preproduction sessions in Denmark? I've heard that the Voodoos are pretty, hm, special soundwise...

LordHypnos said:
why would you say gibson is better if it doesnt matter what kind of guitar you use? and for the record...it DOES matter....id like to hear new in flames material with them using squire stratocasters....and see if it "doesnt matter" :tickled:

or bronze series bc rich :yuk:

Jesper Störmblad uses Gibson Voodoo Flying V(the same guitar in the Trigger vid)Björn Gelotte uses Gibson Les Paul...( I dunno)Peter Iwers still uses his ESP bass...

You only say that ESP´s suck because NU-METAL bands use them. You should worry about more important things in bands, like the clothes they´re wearing.

This thread makes me want to cry. If you honestly believe that the guitar does little to affect the tone you're either not doing it right or you have a terrible ear. Pickups especially, there is a huge difference between actives, and passive Gibsons, the latter being "creamier"/mudier. Other things like the wood choice, tremolo or bridge system and string thickness affect the tone too, but not to the extent that pickup choice does.

Just realized this thread is super old. Also, if I had to guess I'd say it's a newer LP. When I saw them at the end of 08 I believe Bjorn was using passive pickups. I've seen pictures of him using actives and passive pickups in what looks like the same guitar. If that's the case I'd assume it's newer since you just don't tinker with a classic like that. And his guitar has an inlay on the first fret, something I've never seen on older models. My knowledge of LP's is pretty limited though, and I'm mostly blowing smoke, but it sounds good :p

Ibanez forever!

I'm going to get an ESP EX like Jesper used on Colony/Clayman I believe.
Guitars do effect your tone very well. Mostly Guitar and Amp, but your guitar is originally where your tone was created so of course it matters.