In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

I can only imagine a rerecording of dead eternity :D all clean sung...

You'll never be alone again
You'll never die again
You'll never be born again
But at least you'll be something!

Yeah, no thanks :D

This album seems similiar to Soilworks latest, The Panic Broadcast. The variety in the album and the more mature sound. Both bands put out good albums IMO. I wish Anders could be as diverse as Bjorn from Soilwork though vocal-wise.

I think Anders is much more diverse vocally, especially on this album. That said, I love both bands and both vocalists.

Ropes is finally growing on me :) very cool chorus.

Definitely agree. Chorus is the highlight of the song, for sure. And, consequently, I'm beginning to agree with you on All For Me. I'm struggling to like it because I think the verse riff is sick (actually one of the better ones on the album) and the little melodic bridge is cool; but FUCK that goddamn Bottled riff and the chorus take away all the energy. The chorus isn't BAD, but it's without a doubt one of the weakest on the album.

Definitely agree. Chorus is the highlight of the song, for sure. And, consequently, I'm beginning to agree with you on All For Me. I'm struggling to like it because I think the verse riff is sick (actually one of the better ones on the album) and the little melodic bridge is cool; but FUCK that goddamn Bottled riff and the chorus take away all the energy. The chorus isn't BAD, but it's without a doubt one of the weakest on the album.

I'm going to say I really like All For Me. But I also like Bottled, though I'm not sure I hear a similar riff, but I'll have to look into it. Anyway, if you don't really care for the verse riff or whatever riff it is, listen to the drums because Daniel absolutely kills it on that track, much like he does on the entire album.

The Bottled riff pretty much ruins the song for me to be honest :D the chorus isn't great, but a chorus isn't the be all and end all of a song. Fact is the rest of it just isn't up to par imo, in comparison with the rest of the album anyway. Too much time wasted on repeating the same riff over and over ala STYE/ASOP. The song represents to me a hybrid of my two most hated In Flames albums, so I doubt I'll ever really like it :D the part starting at 2:58 is ok, but I don't really like the vocals so even that is killed quickly :eek:

Bjorn really killed it on this album. There are so many awesome riffs, and the solos are just ridiculous. They remind me a lot of the solos on Colony where they were a little less melodic, and a bit more on the thrashy side with a sweet riff underlying.

Another song I've been digging today is Darker Times. The intro isn't very good (it's the same as Enter Tragedy), but Anders' vocals are fucking killer on this track, he's really belting out the screams, especially at the start. Nice chorus too.

Bjorn really killed it on this album. There are so many awesome riffs, and the solos are just ridiculous. They remind me a lot of the solos on Colony where they were a little less melodic, and a bit more on the thrashy side with a sweet riff underlying.

Bjorn is awesome on this album. I really like that little lead after the first verse in Fear is the weakness. Such a classic sound.

Another song I've been digging today is Darker Times. The intro isn't very good (it's the same as Enter Tragedy), but Anders' vocals are fucking killer on this track, he's really belting out the screams, especially at the start. Nice chorus too.

Next thing you know, you'll be digging ASOP and keep Bottled as ringtone on your mobile. :D

Next thing you know, you'll be digging ASOP and keep Bottled as ringtone on your mobile. :D

If that ever happened I sincerely hope somebody would have the compassion to put me out of my misery :D

He wouldn't feel like shit, he would feel...bottled.

I must admit I wouldn't mind if In Flames did a few more songs like Liberation. That chorus really stick in your head. And Anders sound like he really knows how to sing. Heh, I want to see him do it live.

Going to write something about album now after listening it like 10 times (and after 7 beers:D). Well i think in flames is back. I am a guitar player myself and what i like about in flames is that usually their albums makes me want to pick up my guitar and practice those songs and melodies (well that was not the case in ASOP). This time i feel like almost every song is full of nice melodies/riffs/solos.
One other thing i like about this album is that all songs did not "click me" at first, but after some time i am starting to like them. Usually when i hear album that all songs seems to kick ass right away i can listen to those albums like 2 weeks and then i just forget about it (if you know what i mean).

Did not like liberation that much at first but now i kind a like it. Maybe better as b-side track or something. I got the feeling after listening the lyrics in liberation and this albums "end of the world there" that liberations final words are what he says before the world is ending and then kicks in that instrumental part and its over

well not sure if i made any sense (of purpose):confused: and i bet there are like 100+ errors in my post but what ever. going to open new beer now! :D
have a nice weekend

np Darker times

SHIT.jpg

damn, The Puzzle outro is bootylicious. Would have been better if Anders growled/screamed more in All for Me or replaced deliver us with another song like New Dawn.