In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Yeah. Minus is a bit more rhythm based, but it's just so fucking great despite that fact. The lyrics are great.
Reroute still retained the poetic genius lyrics that Clayman had.

Yeah I love the caption under the album title too... 14 songs of conscious insanity. my favorite songs on that album are trigger, free fall, and black&White.... but in better humor....
swag2.png

Reroute To Remain is my favorite album...Ever.

That's my second favorite In Flames album. Not my favorite album overall from all the bands I listen to. I'd have to say The Jester Rave is my overall favorite album....but oddly enough In Flames would probably be my #2 band. Weird how that works...

That's my second favorite In Flames album. Not my favorite album overall from all the bands I listen to. I'd have to say The Jester Rave is my overall favorite album....but oddly enough In Flames would probably be my #2 band. Weird how that works...

"The Jester Rave" sounds like electronica ;)

Yeah I love the caption under the album title too... 14 songs of conscious insanity. my favorite songs on that album are trigger, free fall, and black&White.... but in better humor....

This is the only reason I can think of to justify R2R's existence: conscious insanity.

SOAPF sounds nothing like Passenger :D

Also, R2R is a good album but let's not place it on too high of a pedestal :D it's not that good.

On SOAPF... I feel like I've listened to Where the Dead Ships Dwell for the first time today. That chorus is fucking amazing.

'Feel I was running an endless mile
The last candle burns
And I'm dying inside
All this will turn to ash
A change for a peace of mind'

Other than the last line being slightly incorrect gramatically (should be changed to 'for peace of mind' really, but w/e) the lyrics are beautiful, and Anders sings them with fantastic emotion. I don't praise him often, but bravo on this one Mr Friden. Great stuff.

I'm finally starting to like Darker times and All for me, but now I can't listen Deliver Us, too single-ish. :) I'm happy with this album.

Other than the last line being slightly incorrect gramatically (should be changed to 'for peace of mind' really, but w/e) the lyrics are beautiful, and Anders sings them with fantastic emotion. I don't praise him often, but bravo on this one Mr Friden. Great stuff.

You could be correct, but the lyric could be "a piece of mind."

I considered that, but it seems to make even less sense that way :D

Well if it is "peace of mind" then it makes sense because he wants a quiet mind. If it's "piece of mind" it still makes sense because he is saying that he wants to make a change in order to have better thoughts. To be honest, I never thought he was saying, "peace" because of the "a" right before it, until you posted the chorus. I guess we'll have to wait for the booklet, hopefully this one will be flawless this time, but probably not.

Without a prefix I don't really see how "a piece of mind" can work to be honest. Peace, to me, is the only word that makes sense there.

Ahh well, who gives a fuck, it's still great :D

Without a prefix I don't really see how "a piece of mind" can work to be honest. Peace, to me, is the only word that makes sense there.

Ahh well, who gives a fuck, it's still great :D

"a piece of mind" as in "I'll give you a piece of my mind." It works. "Do you question me? I question you!"

[I really just wanted to use that line. I can see it being either, and you're right, it doesn't really matter because it is great.]

On SOAPF... I feel like I've listened to Where the Dead Ships Dwell for the first time today. That chorus is fucking amazing.

'Feel I was running an endless mile
The last candle burns
And I'm dying inside
All this will turn to ash
A change for a peace of mind'

I completely agree. Probably one of the, if not the best, choruses on the album. Anders' performance on it was great, very good singing.