In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Knew you would say this. It bothers me, too. I'm going with the thought that he meant "a piece of mind" as in something like "I'll give you a piece of my mind", like to have thoughts, rather than a clam, peaceful mind. So, I think he wants to say that he will change in order to have better thoughts. But if you still don't see this as making sense, oh well. I think it does.

It 100% does not make sense in any form of English, take it from a guy who has a Masters degree in English :D

He just meant "peace of mind" instead. His English ain't perfect, not the first time he's done it. Oh well :D

btw thanks for posting the lyrics en-loss. They're not as impressive as I first thought really. Better than ASOP but worse than CC. They're all rather wishy-washy and basic, again. Anders really could do with going back to the older albums and remembering what it was like to write good lyrics. These aren't terrible but they're so... hollow.

Then there's the dedication page,

"In Flames thanks everyone and anyone who's been involved in this album in any way. Thanks to our patient girlfriends and wives.

Jesper - Good luck and all the best to you on your musical journeys.

In Flames use and abuse: *all the stuff their sponsors*

This album is dedicated to our wonderful kids:
Charlie, Lea, Selma, Elvira, Agnes, Edvin, Alva, Maya and Vilma.

In Flames
Anders Friden - Vocals
Bjorn Gelotte - Guitar
Daniel Svensson - Drums
Peter Iwers - Bass Guitar
Niclas Engelin - Guitar"

I respect your Master's in English, but I know the saying "a piece of my mind" makes sense, so to me, "a piece of mind" makes sense as well.

But it's pointless to keep this going. I really don't want to get into any kind of argument. So, En-Loss, thanks a lot for posting the lyrics.

If it makes sense to you mate that's fine, it just doesn't make sense in real english... in microsoft word there would be a big squiggly green line underneath it indicating a grammatical error :D Anders should use Word in future :D

Actually... I've kind of deduced a way of how it could work in an abstract sense... which means I can let this go... wow that feels good :D

You are correct when it comes to "Piece of mind." There is a green line. There is also a green line for "A change for a peace of mind." and for "A change for a piece of mind." So whatever Anders says is a fragment according to Word. But, a complete sentence such as, "I will change for a peace of mind." or "I will change for a piece of mind." don't have green lines. Either way, as long as there is an abstract meaning, that's all that counts when it comes to poetry (I kind of hesitate to call this poetry though because we all know what he is capable of. *cough* Clayman *cough*.)

well technically ALL lyrics are poetry. It's just that some poetry is better than others.

As far as the art goes, it's pretty much just the the stuff they released on t-shirts, though there are a couple of ones that aren't. The one on the page next to "A New Dawn" and "Liberation" is a pretty sweet version of the raven from the cover. And this version of the Jesterhead does look pretty intimidating.

Wow, SOAPF lyrics are kinda different. But certainly with more deep meaning than ASOP. Now in all lyrics i see polluted world topic... :(

I dont really find any similarity between Ropes and Borders and Shading.

On an unrelated note, you'd think that there would be more people here after the official release date.

Yeah, this forum is quite dead. We had our fun for a month or so and now farewell to all until next album.

Going straight from Whoracle to R2R ... it's easy to see why people were so angry :D and I like R2R, but it ain't a patch on Whoracle.

You missed two albums, Colony and Clayman. Colony was all kinds of awesome, but Clayman started the weirdness, like drum machines and shit. R2R was when the wheels started coming off.

Not a bad idea at all. We seem to work best under pressure of the upcoming release. :)

You missed two albums, Colony and Clayman. Colony was all kinds of awesome, but Clayman started the weirdness, like drum machines and shit. R2R was when the wheels started coming off.

I'm well aware of Colony and Clayman, believe it or not :D

Hey DE4life, did you hear that song... Satellites and Spaceships or something like that, from Clayman? Really old, obscure stuff. :D

Hey DE4life, did you hear that song... Satellites and Spaceships or something like that, from Clayman? Really old, obscure stuff. :D

No, I'm afraid not... I only just found out that album exists actually :D I just thought they took a 6 year hiatus after Whoracle and then came back with R2R :confused:

Yeah, it takes time to come up with such a masterpiece. They were saving many ideas for STYE. :)