In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Favourite Track: The Puzzle,everything conquers me in that song but the outro is most beautiful thing i ever heard in my life!

Favourite Track: The Puzzle,everything conquers me in that song but the outro,most beautiful thing i ever heard in my life!

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. The Puzzle and A New Dawn. Quality stuff!

Overall Short Review:

This as Anders' best clean vocal performance since the Passenger album in 2003. The vocal melodies and hooks are off the charts, and generally not whiny in the least. On the topic of screams and growls, this has probably been the most range he has ever shown. He goes from highs to lows, without maintaining one general sound from track to track. Something that was borderline annoying on the last album. The guitar work is incredible and really inspired sounding. As a general whole, this album sounds inspired, creative and experimental all at once. This is some of their best production work as well. Every song on the album with its own appeal could very well be a "single", to me a feat that hasn't been accomplished since Reroute To Remain.

Perfecltly fits with my opinion!

most random day for this to leak.....im loving it though, sounds like a collaboration of everything they've done since R2R

After first listen, I can say I think it's a great album. For some reason I'm not in the mood to type a lot so I'll just keep listening to it. I will say that as of now, my only drawback to the album is that it seems like the songs don't connect. Like, when you listen to it in order, there aren't any songs that continue, if you know what I mean. For example, one song ending with, let's say, static and the next song starting with the same static. I just don't feel any continuation with the tempos of how a song ends and the next begins. Not a big deal, because all the songs are awesome. I really love though that the whole album does have the same overall sound with an amazing ambiance and feel.

So, question. Arent people posting on youtube saying they have the album....Just asking for a lawsuit? Or does it not work that way?
Hey mate, you're from Jesterhead, as me =)
No, the only thing that will/can happen is that the YouTube accounts get suspended permanently for Copyright Infringement.
Everyone on youtube is anonymous.

the puzzle and enter tragedy have nearly the same guitar riff at the intros. the puzzle is a little faster and enter tragedy is slowed down/slightly different drumming. the verses are nearly the same too vocally/with the 2 step drumming.

hell, even 'darker times' seems to start off with a variation of that riff.

I usually don't post. However, I will say that this is the best In Flames album since Clayman. Anders really outdid himself here. What impresses me is that they steered away from the catchy choruses that they've gotten so comfortable in. Minus "Deliver Me" and "Sounds of a Playground Fading" , the choruses from the other songs aren't "in your face". It almost feels, dare I say it, old school. Job well done, Jesterheads.

WOW!!!

GOT IT, HEARD IT, LOVE IT!!!

Time for my own quick 'review'

This to me has to be the best IF album since clayman definately. It really has everything that makes in flames great yet at the same time it's a bold step forward and musically perfect. I love the fact that every single track seems to fit well and play well next to it's neighbors. I know that they said in an interview that they wrote this album track by track already knowing the running order which is not only bloody clever but has paid of to give it a more solid structure.

Top tracks for me so far have to be:

Where the dead ships dwell
The Puzzle
Ropes
All for me
A new dawn

(no particular order)

Also, anyone notice how each son has a distinct feel yet unmistakebly off the same album?!?! if that makes sense?

It's times like this where i can really say i'm proud to be an IN FLAMES fan and the day that Ltd Box set comes through........oh......

I like it a lot so far. The only problem is that I had the exact same feeling with ASOP, and we all know how that turned out in the end. Anyway, I'm not going to rate/review it yet, I'll wait to see what will I think of it after some time has passed and I grasped the songs properly.

so far i find it merely ok.

Fear is the Weakness and
Enter Tragedy

being the only real stand out tracks for me.

now i know why anders think all for me is his best vocal performance,i really love his vocals on that track
EDIT: I will build a monument to The Puzzle's outro!!!

Well of course it leaks IMMEDIATELY AFTER I LEAVE FOR SCHOOL. Still, this is definitely a nice way to end a day of exams. DL'ing it right now, can't wait to hear Fear Is The Weakness.

Upon first listen, I'd have to agree with the person who said the leaked songs were the best.

Anders cleans have improved, but he should scream more.

Bjorn has outdone himself on this album, the guitars are fantastic. Kudos to Daniel on his performance, too. Great drumming.

It's too early for me to say where I'd rank SOAPF at the moment, but as far as I'm concerned it's still nowhere near Clayman or their earlier stuff.

On the other hand, I don't think their new stuff should be judged against their old stuff so that's an irrelevant point for me to make really.

I'll be listening to this one for a while, hopefully it'll grow on me.

After 4+ listens of the whole album...Damn it's amazingly good! I've grown to think that Liberation is good, nothing more at the moment though. Ropes is also just good, everything else is great to very great.

Fav tracks so far is Fear Of The Weakness, All For Me, The Puzzle, Enter Tragedy, A New Dawn.

Darker Times is also worth mentioning with it's 2 great solos and probably one of the albums best choruses.