IN FLAMES "The Mirror's Truth" --- what do you think of the mix?

the video is awfull, IMO... but the song's alright... I've heard better from In Flames, but that's just y my opinion

I'll give the CD a few more spins before I really judge the song writting. So far I think it's cool but the mix is poor in comparison to any of their earlier releases. The kick drum especially sounds weak. Overall the mix is uninspiring. Although I'm a huge fan of earlier In Flames (mainly Whoracle) I really dig a lot of their newer stuff too. I never put down a band for evolving. It's just that sometimes how a band evolves can make or break them!

First time i heard the entire disc.. meh.
Second time, got better.
Third time, it rocks.

And now im loving these new songs... reroute still be being my favorite though, but there are some quality songs on the new one.. im just saying, let it grow on you, sometimes it takes a few listening sessions before you really dig songs like these.

Reroute is your favorite IF overall? :zombie:

Yes sir...

Also, i really dig passenger.. Anders side project he did in.. what, 2003 i believe?

I also get the feeling that we are listening to passenger songs on this new in flames album.. heh, could be way off though, but there was never a new passenger disc while there was promised one after the one in 2003.

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life. Been listening to this album for a while now and been hooked by the production.

Loved in Flames record till' Reroute to Remain (my favourite is Colony). Like "Reroute to remain" but not the production. Totally disliked the next records (except the "reflect of a storm" or something, a song that was on the previous album and that was awesome) both in terms of songs and production (especially the drums... hate the snare sound).

Now this new In Flames sounds better. What i like most is the production: very organic-sounding, with a live feel, but still very punchy and clear. Love the guitar sound (less gainy than usual and better, period) and love the snare.

Songwise it sounds better to the last 2 records, but not as good as "reroute to remain". There are a couple of songs i totally dig but the rest is just average IMO.

I'm loving ASOP, I love the lower gain guitar sound and the drums. I hated the mix on come clarity but this ones awsome and a bit unique and different which is nice :)

Joe