IN FLAMES "The Mirror's Truth" --- what do you think of the mix?

oh come on guys that opening alias riff is so fucking epic. the songs kinda seem like they get repetitive throughout the cd. production is OK. nothing special to me. i love old in flames but i also love new in flames with soundtrack to your escape being my favorite cd and reroute to remain 2nd favorite. i loved the production on stye. it sounds so much different than everyone else. just my opinions lol.

This cd has some killer songs on it. I been listening to "Drenched In Fear" and "March To The Shore". I mean yeah its got a few stinkers though as well but oh well. I like the guitar tone a lot also.

I'm glad some other people mentioned "Alias" and "Delight and Angers". Those are definitely standout tracks in my opinion.

Just bought the CD yesterday and yea the art work is a little different but i think its one of those Cd's that will grow on you. I think it was worth the 11 bucks i spent. :headbang:

Just bought the CD yesterday and yea the art work is a little different but i think its one of those Cd's that will grow on you. I think it was worth the 11 bucks i spent. :headbang:

holy shite 11 bucks only?:OMG: all online prizes i've read over read spread from 17 to 19,99 euros for the digi including the bonus dvd. i'm about to go buy it in a large store which will hopefully have it for ~20 euros as well but 11 $ is a steal!

In Flames just seem kind of uninspired and lazy to me these days. They're not at all the band that I got into when Clayman came out. That attention to detail and strength of ideas just isn't there anymore, regardless of any stylistic shifts.

I'm happy that their contemporaries Dark Tranquillity and Soilwork have been able to evolve and grow without losing ANY of what made them great in the first place.

I agree with kazrog.
Moreover I heard some riff/lick in this new album that I heard also in soundtrack or Come Clarity...
I think the mix is very natural but it's not the kind of sound I would use for a band like IF...the perfect type of sound is Reroute to remains...modern and power with great chorus and fx.

In Flames just seem kind of uninspired and lazy to me these days. They're not at all the band that I got into when Clayman came out. That attention to detail and strength of ideas just isn't there anymore, regardless of any stylistic shifts.

I'm happy that their contemporaries Dark Tranquillity and Soilwork have been able to evolve and grow without losing ANY of what made them great in the first place.

That is almost EXACTLY what I was going to say, and I was even going to cite the same other bands. :p Yeah, a strong song can be written in pretty much any style or genre, and these songs for the most part just aren't that strong.

So... a big +1!

holy shite 11 bucks only?:OMG: all online prizes i've read over read spread from 17 to 19,99 euros for the digi including the bonus dvd. i'm about to go buy it in a large store which will hopefully have it for ~20 euros as well but 11 $ is a steal!

Holy shit that's like over $40 you're paying for a cd?!!! OMG!!!! WTF?!!! is it 2028 or something? Where are the flying cars?

Do you guys like the snare?
At first no, but it sounds very raw which is kinda cool and fits their MO this album.

bought it. hate the mix now, didnt hate it when i saw the vid. album is ok at best imo. i think the mix is very demo-ish. not diggin at all.

i think in flames could be absolutely amazing with the right real producer. i.e. someone that gets great tones and can help with songs. i think they write great songs for being self produced. a great producer could take them over the top.