IN FLAMES "The Mirror's Truth" --- what do you think of the mix?

ya well that's how it is... i got the cd including the dvd for € 16,99 yesterday which is about $ 26,70. but i've seen it online for € 19,99 as well (= $ ~31,40). € 16,99 is now the normal prize for a new CD (normally w/o extras such as a 160 min. DVD like "A Sense Of Purpose"...). They used to be around € 13,99 a year ago tho... :(

ya well that's how it is... i got the cd including the dvd for € 16,99 yesterday which is about $ 26,70. but i've seen it online for € 19,99 as well (= $ ~31,40). € 16,99 is now the normal prize for a new CD (normally w/o extras such as a 160 min. DVD like "A Sense Of Purpose"...). They used to be around € 13,99 a year ago tho... :(

Yeah, the prices are getting ridiculous. Most of the new releases from known artists are ~21e here. Now, am I really supposed to buy music if the government gives me fucking 106e per month for serving in the army? At the moment I have 37 euros, I need to buy two week's cigarettes, food for two weekends, gasoline and there's a 60e bill for my internet connection waiting for me to dig up the cash to pay it. Ain't hard to decide whether I'm buying any music for a while :/

Sorry for the OT rant :)

whatever... this is the best new In Flames in years... songs are killer... the artwork is VERY cool, even more so the inner pages of the booklet and the digipak itself... killer rhythm guitar sound. the mix is dull and not very exciting, but these songs fucking rule. it's got shredding solos, melodies, harmonies, awesome acoustic bits, heavy shit... the vox are quite good as well. it's the full monty, minus a good mix.

:kickass:

Not into this new album as it turns out. A few OK songs, but it's nothing compared to what this band used to be. I'm sorry, but Jester Race, Colony, Whoracle, and Clayman all totally pwn this.

I second that. In the words of one of my friends, "Shits weak, son!":Smug:

yeah... any band that doesn't keep putting out the same records for 20 years sucks:rolleyes:. new album is a killer, modern, in flames record... just needs a different mix, IMO.

Yeah, the prices are getting ridiculous. Most of the new releases from known artists are ~21e here. Now, am I really supposed to buy music if the government gives me fucking 106e per month for serving in the army? At the moment I have 37 euros, I need to buy two week's cigarettes, food for two weekends, gasoline and there's a 60e bill for my internet connection waiting for me to dig up the cash to pay it. Ain't hard to decide whether I'm buying any music for a while :/

Sorry for the OT rant :)

Cut out the smokes = instant money for music.

yeah... any band that doesn't keep putting out the same records for 20 years sucks:rolleyes:. new album is a killer, modern, in flames record... just needs a different mix, IMO.

I'm not saying they need to keep putting out "Whoracle", its just that I personally have not enjoyed their last three efforts. To me, they have lost some aspects that I enjoyed in their earlier works. But, I have no problems if you enjoy their newer efforts, and happy that you do. :headbang:

whatever... this is the best new In Flames in years... songs are killer... the artwork is VERY cool, even more so the inner pages of the booklet and the digipak itself... killer rhythm guitar sound. the mix is dull and not very exciting, but these songs fucking rule. it's got shredding solos, melodies, harmonies, awesome acoustic bits, heavy shit... the vox are quite good as well. it's the full monty, minus a good mix.

:kickass:

Well put James!

I read some post the artwork sucked but i just thought it was different in a good way personal. Great Cd though.

I have to say I really like this cd too, the last cd I bought of theirs was Soundtrack (from 2002) or something. I thought it was absolutely horrible but this is killer music. Somewhat positive too, I hate people who keep being nihilistic depressed bastards all the, lighten up a little.

This album is definitely not a bad listen. The songwriting and production isn't as strong as I think In Flames have the potential to be...but it's certainly worth the money you'll pay for it.

There's still alot to appreciate on this record :headbang:

I like it quite a bit. I've only listened to it all the way through one time though. I like the riffing and vocals. The production is cool too. Much different than their other albums. The last three were really processed sounding (although I still really liked the production and songs on RTR) and this one sounds more organic and to me sounds more live with more space. This is just my first impression though. I've noticed quite a few of the melodic death metal bands have been going for a more raw sound on their new albums. Soilwork for example and arch enemy then I hear the haunted are tracking their new album live.