IN FLAMES "The Mirror's Truth" --- what do you think of the mix?

This is sorta unrelated, but WHAT THE FUCK is up with the snare on Soundtrack to your Escape????
Reminds me of a certain St. Something....

LOL... it actually reminds me of the snare sound that Matt Smith (Theocracy) reproduced on his St. Anger parody by banging on a metal folding chair :lol:

By the way Matt... do you have a link to that again? Thanks!

Actually, I WAS referring to the "go" and "more" parts. I know they're minuscule, but hey, it's growls. Yes I wish there were more, but oh well.

wow growling 2 words, I think korn are more death metal then in flames are these days.....

The new In Flames sounds very raw and a slight return to their old form.

raw??? in what way?? I think it sounds overproduced everything sounds to digital especially the vocals, it's like you're listening to anteres autotune 4 featuring in flames....

Why would we want a rehashment of an old In Flames album.
Becouse old in flames albums rock :)

It wouldn't be very good to listen to a re-recording of Whoracle or Jester Race. Each of their albums are unique in their own rights
why wouldn't that be good? I'd personally love to listen to a re-recording of these albums!

Personally, I love to see the evolution of bands, how they grow, and see what new stuff they come up with. I wouldn't want to listen to a band that puts out the same shit all the time. /end Rant.
ok, I guess this is a personall matter, I prefer bands that put out the same shit over and over again, without growing... if I want to listen to some other kind of music I listen to another band that sounds differently... :p

lol share the link for that st:anger parody clip guys! :D I'd love to hear that! lol

I thought the soundtrack snare was cool. Its different but i thought it actually worked great for there mix. Maybe I'm just crazy. :oops:

Just bought the EP, so I finally heard "The Mirrors Truth" good quality on nice speakers, and I gotta say, I like it a lot and the mix is pretty nice too. The guitars aren't anything to write home about but they haven't been amazing since Clayman. This is probably my favorite mix from what little I know of Toby Wright. The last Fear Factory was kind of aweful. But I really like what he's done with this in general.

As for the songs, I think they're great! Sounds like In Flames. I like Eraser the most and the new version is Abegnation is a little more to my taste as well. (better vocals).

By the way, for the record I LOVE the STYE snare. One of my favorite snares of all time.

inflame666

Wow... that's all I have to say. I can't believe you felt compelled to sit there quote me that many times and comment on each of my viewpoints/opinions. If you don't like it, then so be it. This isn't blabbermouth.net to argue for the fuck of it. I have a right to my opinion and obviously so do you. You don't like the new stuff, that's fine. I love it, as well as their old stuff... that's good too. I see you're obviously a HUGE In Flames fan to set your nickname as "inflame666" :) you must LOVE their new stuff. :p

U people are all nuts, new album is horrible!
songs r super uninspired imo, sounds like a 2nd rate inflames wannabe band.
Just super predictable and basic songwriting imo.
Production aint too hot either (whats with that kick?) but in its defence it does sound like they sound live these days so i guess if thats what they were trying to capture then mission accomplished.

i think the songs are cool mang!

they aren't what they used to be, as every band changes in some way.

worst thing about the new album is the US label they are on. Koch records?!? they seem to have a lot of rap artists and whatnot. plus there was a girl in my High School class with the last name Koch. She was sooooo hot omg.

I'm not too sure of the song, think it may be a "grower" would prefer to hear it on a cd....although that artwork shows a real lack of effort or just a very poor decision by band and their management

worst thing about the new album is the US label they are on. Koch records?!? they seem to have a lot of rap artists and whatnot. plus there was a girl in my High School class with the last name Koch. She was sooooo hot omg.

Hahaha, excellent tangent dude, very relevant :lol:

The thing that bothers me again the most is the songwriting. Its the same shit from the last few albums. It has been a while since in flames suprised me or made my hairs stand up, and isn't that what music should be all about.

The quality of the mix is difficult to judge since there seems to be a problem with their myspace player; right side sounds louder than the left. Even for older songs. I checked some other myspace bandsites and didnt notice this problem there.

Why the roadrunner link doesn't work outside US is a mystery to me, especially since there not from the US, but then again, there are more things about the US i dont understand :loco:

I love this Cd. Its not clyman, we've already WELL established that, but the choruses are fuckin HUGE!!!!
I can understand why some of you are freaking out. Its a hell of a departure from the albums that all got into them with
and if they were pulling a Metallica and selling out for the sake of selling out, I'd be on the first crucifixion band wagon.
They just want to venture out and do different things. You can't growl and do blast beats all the time, can you?:p

I just picked this up today. I'm not a fan of the CD, nothing really stands out.

I will however state that the mix is great, not the average what you expect type of metal mix. The kick and snare are great, you guys are on crack. But this is not a very heavy album and the songs are a tad boring. :(

Not into this new album as it turns out. A few OK songs, but it's nothing compared to what this band used to be. I'm sorry, but Jester Race, Colony, Whoracle, and Clayman all totally pwn this.