In Memory of Peter Steele (1962-2010)

Altitudes

Stay Frosty
Jun 18, 2007
California
April 14th marks one year since his passing. Since he has died, I have been unsuccessfully coping with the fact we will never hear another new Type O Negative (or Carnivore) record again. Out of the deaths we have had in the last year, his hit me the hardest. I regret never seeing type o live :( Even though I never met him or truly knew him on a personal level, I always felt that I related to him more than any other musician. I miss his sarcastic and sharp sense of humor, lyrics, and unique sound of music.

So in memory of great Petrus, share some stories or memories you have.

CARNIVORE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Time does fly, but I'm in the same boat with Altitudes as I listen to them daily :(

Ugh, you had to remind me. So much misfortune befalls on the April 14th....Pete dying, the Titanic sinking, Lincoln getting shot...me being born.. Yeah.

Sometimes its a bit depressing to listen to TON. Im glad i got to see them twice though.

Ugh, dude... I could have posted so many more songs! :lol: But for the sake of keeping it concise I included only a few. Everyone knows Black Number 1, Christian Woman...

Other great songs: Too Late: Frozen, Love You to Death (one of my favourites), In Praise of Bacchus (ALL of October Rust, really), White Slavery, World Coming Down, Everything Dies, Nettie, September Sun, Halloween in Heaven, These Three things (fuck it, all of Dead Again... underrated album).

NP: Red Water (Christmas Mourning)

I am going to miss that voice :(((

Haunted (Per version) puts a tear in my eye...but I adore it so.
Incredibly beautiful.