Peter Steele Died

The rest of the band said they're uncertain of the future, but they should at least Lay the Type O moniker to rest along with the big guy. I can't imagine the band without Pete.

Yeah, most of the music was (de)composed by Peter...so it would just be right to end it.

Though if they started back together in another band, I'm sure it would be pretty cool. Kenny has a good voice.

Either way, while his last couple of albums were simply terrible, 'October Rust' and 'Bloody Kisses' are masterpieces. Some of the greatest dark metal was created on those releases. Can't believe he is gone.

Hmmm, I thought Life is Killing Me was a really good record. Dead Again I didn't get into though,

I had the urge to paint him when I heard the news. So I started on the 6 foot canvas doing the background black with green haze and last night someone scratched the hell out of the paint. Pretty weird since it was fine when I went to sleep and noone else was here. Been listening obsessively to Type O for the last few months so sad to know there won't be anymore.

Yeah, most of the music was (de)composed by Peter...so it would just be right to end it.

Though if they started back together in another band, I'm sure it would be pretty cool. Kenny has a good voice.

Such as Seventh Void?

I hope they lay TON to rest, it just wouldn't be the same at all without Peter.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's weird because, although I've heard about musicians/actors/etc. being found dead before, for some reason this one really shocked me.

I was a bit late in finding Type O. I had heard about them but didn't actually hear them until "World Coming Down" came out. It came out at a pretty emotionally low point in time for me and that album will always have a special place to me.

This came as a little shock. Saw them last time around 2000 or so. Wasn't a very good concert and it was really the last time I bothered to listen to them..except when I put on Bloody Kisses which is their greatest album by far if you ask me.
Very sad to hear that Peter is dead...They did all in all have a lot of good songs..and you just had to like the dark humour..

Does anyone remember him being on ...was it Jerry Springer? Ah, yes.. great moment:

And yes, I seem to remember RIcky lake too...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I gave Dead Again a 2nd chance, I'm really liking it now. Picked up a copy on vinyl the other day and it rocks!