Type O Negative frontman dead

BurntOfferings666

God Of All Things Metal
TYPE O NEGATIVE keyboardist Josh Silver has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the band's frontman, Peter Steele, passed away yesterday (Wednesday, April 14) at the age of 48. No official cause of death has yet been released, but it is believed that Steele died of heart failure.

Mistress Juliya (a.k.a. Juliya Chernetsky) of Fuse TV broke the news on her Twitter page last night, stating that she spoke to TYPE O NEGATIVE guitarist Kenny Hickey just before midnight New York time, and that Kenny confirmed that the rumors were true.

Back in 2005, many people were shocked when they logged on to the TYPE O NEGATIVE web site and saw a gravestone with the words "[P]eter Steele - 1962 - 2005 .... Free At Last" carved on it. According to Epinions.com, there were rumors at the time that Steele was sick (with anything from cancer to AIDS), was on his deathbed, attempted suicide ... and the list goes on. Needless to say, it turned out that Steele was very much alive and the gravestone was merely a joke, albeit one the wasn't viewed as being in particularly good taste.

Steele was born Petrus T. Ratajczyk on January 4, 1962 in Brooklyn, New York. He stood 6' 7" (201 cm) tall, and had a low, bass-heavy voice, which was one of the most recognizable features in TYPE O NEGATIVE's music.

Before forming TYPE O NEGATIVE, Steele played for the metal group FALLOUT and the thrash band CARNIVORE.

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138519

Bravewords said this morning at 9:55 EST

Brooklyn-based metal TYPE O NEGATIVE's official website has confirmed the death of frontman Peter Steele, who died on the evening of April 14th from heart failure. He was 48.

"Please play nice and expect statements from the band and family later today. Thank you for your understanding and support."

Internet reports have surfaced stating that Pete Steele Steele, born Petrus T. Ratajczyk had been ill for days leading up to his death. Steele has had issues with substance abuse, but drugs have not been tied to his death.

Source: http://www.bravewords.com/news/136772

Shit..... I don't know what to say. Damn, one of my favourite singers and bands... The world lost a hugely talented person. :(

I was actually trying to find some inspiration to make a TON sig pic, it just sucks that it was under these circumstances.

I was so sad when I heard this the other day, I didn't believe it at first- I thought it was another hoax... TON was/is my favorite band, I really wish I could have seen them live and Pete was one of the few musicians I really wanted to meet and talk to. All I've had in my car are my TON records... didn't think the death of someone I didn't really know could affect me at all.

All I can say is RIP to the big guy...