RIP Peter Steele

Damn. I always wanted to see type O live.

October Rust is very special for me. Helped me to "grow up" musically. I bought it almost on accident when I was big into death metal in my teen years and thought that anything not sufficiently heavy or aggressive wasn't good enough. I was sort of shocked when I first heard October Rust but quickly fell in love with it, and it opened doors that I had shut around myself musically. It's still one of my all time favorite albums and something I'll probably spin till I die. That's extremely rare.

BTW, this may sound weird, but if you ever get a chance to listen to that album in a forest or on a mountain top, (Or anything that looks like the pictures in the CD booklet), DO IT. It's fucking amazing. Sounds like a soundtrack to your environment.

Peter Steele, if this ends up somehow being a repeat tasteless joke, I "will see you on tour, until then, take it ea..."

If it's all true, Rest In Peace, man. Thank you for your impact here on earth.

just too fucking sad :(
I loved his voice, he was really one of a kind, there isn't a single singer with a voice like his.
What he did with Type o negative was great!
I enjoyed a lot the black sabbath cover, usually I hate covers, but he added so much personality to that song.
:(

damn.
saw them live in Wacken 07 or 08 or whenever that was.
he looked like the most fucked up hepatite/liver-failure ever (all the white in the eyes really yellow, and the fingernails.....fucked up.
Back then I thought he won't make it much longer....now it's come true...sad

i've known the Type O guys for years.... been a fan of Peter since Carnivore's "Retaliation" album.

sad news... RIP Peter.