RIP Peter Steele

not good news. Didnt like type o negative, but hate to hear about someone going young. What a shame:(

Wow, this is a downer. Been a fan since Slow, Deep and Hard (thanks for introducing me WREKage), quickly got into Carnivore too. Really regretting not going to the show last fall. Rest In Peace Pete.

Man, I can't believe this! I saw Type O once back in 94'.

RIP :erk:

~Brian~

I saw them in 94 for "Bloody Kisses" @ The Masquerade here in atlanta! Great show, Pete was unbelievably cool & friendly to me & my big brother tim,
we went over to where their tour bus was, and he shook BOTH our hands & thanked us for coming to see them!
One absolutely genuinely nice dude!
I also saw Type O w/ Fear Factory for the "October Rust" show @ The
Masquerade in 1997! That show was EVEN BETTER, cause they played
a shitload of songs from October Rust!!!:headbang:

Lastly, Pete Steele was a huge influence vocally on me!
Through the years, I've always tried to hit those deep notes only peter
could do from "October Rust" & "Bloody Kisses"!:headbang:
You'll be thouroughly missed by the Metal & Goth community
and me in general.
R.I.P. Peter Steele.

I'm crushed. I met Peter several times and he was always a model of courtesy. October Rust is one of my Top 5 CDs of all time, too. :cry:

Pete had medical issues for a while now. It was only a matter of timing.

According to his friends and bandmates he was doing much better of late. He had just gotten a place in Staten Island and was looking for friends to help him move his stuff there this weekend. :(

Wow, this is a downer. Been a fan since Slow, Deep and Hard (thanks for introducing me WREKage), quickly got into Carnivore too. Really regretting not going to the show last fall. Rest In Peace Pete.

That was probably Bob Vincent, one of our old WREKage hosts and our website designer. He's probably not taking this too well, as he was a big fan and was thanked in the liner notes for Bloody Kisses. Type O Negative was also one of only two national acts ever to play a WREKage benefit concert gratis. (Vio-lence was the other.)

R.I.P. Peter. You were taken from us far too soon.

Just wondering, Bob is that you?
This is jimi, "Jimi From Marietta"!!
If it's you, bro YOU gave me that nickname!:kickass::headbang:

I was listening to 'Dead Again' when I heard the news. I know he was in pretty rough shape for a little while now.

Didn't really get into them 'til a few years ago when my now-fiancee had me listen to 'Life is Killing me'. It's sad because I have so many good memories tied to the music.

Been going through the discography, chronologically to pay respect.