R.I.P. Peter Steele

That sucks! My friend text'd me today saying he was dead, but I couldn't find anything on the internet about it. I met him briefly in '94 when Type O was opening for Danzig. Peter was nice, but man was he huge, I'm surprised he never went into pro-wrestling. RIP Peter.

yeah, it does suck, but i noticed in some of the last videos i've seen of him [interviews and such] that he just wasnt looking 'healthy.'
i dont know all the details of what happened, other than it was his heart. i wonder if it was an ongoing issue that finally got the better of him?

R.I.P.

I`ve heard the same thing, Sue... that in the last months, he looked pretty bad. Wondering it was the hard drugs, as it was rumoured.

R.I.P.

I`ve heard the same thing, Sue... that in the last months, he looked pretty bad. Wondering it was the hard drugs, as it was rumoured.

i'm not sure. i havent read anything about it being drugs, except speculation from fans.
i saw an interview with him from November of last year and he was saying that God only gave the heaviest burdens to the strong, so he was hoping for more pain. he was also talking about his drug problems of the past and from what it sounded like, 6 months prior to that, he'd still been doing drugs and it was enough to drive Josh out of the band.