RIP Peter Steele

Both Michael Jackson and Peter Steele with in a year of each other. Two of my biggest musical influences...

Mother fucker......

Their last concert was awesome and I'm glad I saw them one last time.

RIP my metal brother.

-Metal

I also love Type O.I've got a friend that practically worships them.He's absolutely devastated right now.I'm going to his house this evening to celebrate Peter's life with him.Type O all night long!!!!!!!!!

This news indeed sucks. Type O is one of my all time favorite bands. October Rust is on my Top 10 (if not Top 5) best albums. I have seen them about 14 times and have loved every show. Peter is a great front man on stage with his banter and antagonizing the stage crew when something went wrong, and something would go wrong ever show. He will be missed. It’s too bad we can’t tell him ‘You Suck’ one last time.

Their last concert was awesome and I'm glad I saw them one last time.

I could not make their last tour, and now I’m kicking myself in the ass for that. How was it? Didn’t Josh sit out for some school project he was doing?

Wow, was never a big fan but do appreciate them.
Seems like a band I might actually like more now that I did when I first heard them.

I saw them once, around 91 or so, when they were the first band on a VERY odd package tour (The Exploited / Biohazard / Type O Negative)

Wow, was never a big fan but do appreciate them.
Seems like a band I might actually like more now that I did when I first heard them.

I saw them once, around 91 or so, when they were the first band on a VERY odd package tour (The Exploited / Biohazard / Type O Negative)

That is an odd tour.

Oh... man that really sucks!! :(

Loved their music, and now I'm really glad I got to see them live at least once. I saw them in Atl with Lacuna Coil on a September 11th; don't remember what year, must have been around '03 or '04.

Sad news indeed. The man did achieve what very few ever do.
I met Peter once at a show right after 'Bloody Kisses' came out, they were still doing small clubs. The bus was behind the club and Peter sat in the doorway. The guys was so huge it seemed like he filled the doorway just sitting there.
We were the only two people back there talking. The guys sense of humor was very dry, but he was a nice guy. I made a joke at his expense asking him why he made such a hard "K" sound in "Black #1", asking him if it were something like Tomas Warriors' grunts, He seemed to have thought that was so funny.