In need of your recommendations

Fourka

Forget it
Mar 28, 2003
In a cuckoo's clock
I would like some recommendations of creepy/dark black metal bands. For example Nightfall (Macabre Sunsets), Negura Bunget (N-Crugu Bradului), Satyricon ( Dark Medieval Times) etc.

Can you be a little bit more specific with what you mean by creepy and dark? I haven't heard Nightfall for instance.

Well, I downloaded two songs from The Locust. Either they have nothing to do with metal or there is a rock band as well called the Locust and I downloaded from them so I would have to try again. Thanks anyway for your time BulletRider.

Bah...it seems as if nobody can understand what I need (probably i cannot explain it better) so it's allright...you don't have to bother about it.

Glad I could help - "The Norse Winter Demon" is probably my favourite song on that record :) Here are some more recommendations:

Gehenna - Seen Through The Veil Of Darkness - Second Spell (One of my favourite black metal records ever. Somber, melodic and slow/mid-paced black metal)
Aeternus - And So The Night Became (very epic)
Gehenna - First Spell EP
Ulver - Bergtatt

older Enslaved....or maybe Nokturnal Mortem might do the trick?

Sargeist: Satanic Black Devotion
Leviathian: 10th Sub Level of Suicide
Trelldom: Til Et Annet...
Beherit: Oath of the Black Blood
Gorgoroth: Under The Sign of Hell
Demoncy: Empire of the Fallen Angel
Darkthrone: A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Gaahlskagg: Erotic Funeral
Windir: 1184

and hell, there's lots more. :D

spaffe thanks, it was a very good recommendation!

henrikmain, bulletrider and fenrir13 i will try yours as well. thanks

sadude i downloaded a song of nokturnal mortem but probably it;s not the ones i am looking for. But it could be that one song.

I tried one song at least from each one of these you all recommended. Though most of them are in my tastes in general, only some of them had that "dark" and mysterious thing in them (IMO). Of course I may tried the wrong songs cause I chose randomly...

Henrikmain, everything you suggested were pretty much ok. :) Gehenna - First Spell I think sounded better.

BulletRider, as you said previously I agree the Locust were not really dark or creepy..

Fenrir13, I tried at least one song from each album you wrote down. The one that I would put on my winamp list with all the very darkish ones is Leviathan - 10th Sub Level Of Suicide. The others sounded nice as well. I will consider having them some other time. Some of them I had allready (Windir and Darkthrone).

Somberlain, Mortuary Drape, Blut Aus Nord and Natchfalke were really really good. Especially the last two. thankies

Speed, that was great!! That kind of thing is what i was talking about. Only that this kind with a combination of black metal would really take 100% Excellent mark. That was perfect. :D

Cool :D