Need Some Recommendations

I'm not really a fan of Melodic Death Metal but as for Black Metal...

Craft
Taake
Leviathan
Xasthur
Darkthrone
Mayhem
Dimmu Borgir
Cradle Of Filth (if you consider them Black Metal)

Necromortis said:
Good god, Sacrilege is awesome. Where can I get some of that? I seriously doubt that they would have it at my piece of shit local music store. And I can't find ANY tracks at all for download :( I'd love an album by them (preferably both).

And Arsis? *jaw drops* Wow.

I haven't had the chance to check out any of the MBM recommendations, but I will as soon as I can.

Keep em coming right now!

EDIT:

I also have Carcass' Heartwork and all Soilwork. It's good.

Glad you liked my recommendations. Did you actually find any tracks to download and listen to from Sacrilege?
theendrecords.com sometimes has both sacrilege albums in stock as a 2 for 1 package. willowtip.com has the Arsis album for like $11 shipped.

Another melodeath album: Eternal Lies - Spiritual Deception, there is a track from that album and one from the first Sacrilege albums here http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208868

Oh, and Eucharist is also damn good.

As an Astriaal fan, hear these albums:

Dawn - Slaughtersun
Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun
Immortal - At the Heart of Winter
Naglfar - Pariah or Sheol
Windir - Arntor
Woods of Ypres - Against the Seasons
Melechesh - Sphyx

As for melodic death:

Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
At the Gates - first two albums
Arsis - A Celebration of Guilt
Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry
The Crown - Possessed 13

I went to theendrecords.com and got two of their tracks...I think that's where I went. I got two of their songs. Amazon.com has their albums for a two-in-one package for something like 5 dollars :)

Thanks so much for the recommendations guys, I'm discovering some really awesome bands that I didn't know about before...that I like. That = crazy.

Anyway, keep them coming. I'll check out all the recommendations from Misfit's post down later today.

I'm compiling all the recommendations that I haven't checked out so far into a single list, for my own peace of mind. But that certainly doesn't mean stop!

Melodic Death Metal

Amon Amarth - Once Sent From a Golden Hall
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry and Galloping Through Battle Ruins
Arsis - A Celebration of Guilt
At the Gates - first two albums
At the Gates - TRITSIO and WFIKTBD (What the hell do these stand for?)
Death-Last two albums
Eternal Lies - Spiritual Deception
Eucharist
Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
The Crown - Possessed 13

Melodic Black Metal

Born of Thorns
Craft
Darkthrone
Dawn - Slaughtersun
Dornenreich
Immortal - At the Heart of Winter
Klabautamann
Leviathan
Mayhem
Melechesh - Sphyx
Mystic Forest
Naglfar - Pariah or Sheol
Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun
Secrets of the Moon
Taake
Windir - Arntor
Woods of Ypres - Against the Seasons
Xasthur

Unknown

Unanimated - Ancient God of Evil
Anata- The Infernal Depths of Hatred

Wow guys. Thanks so much for all the recommendations (and I’m impressed to say, there were only two repeats, and both of them in the Melo-Death category. Whatever though.

I’ve found some really, really, really great bands through this, and therefore, you guys kick ass. And, being the prick I am, I want more bands. More you hear? More! Hahahahahaha!

No, that was just over the top.

Well, thanks again, keep ‘em coming!
~Necro

Thanks so much :) I just finished compiling a list of all the recommendations now :p

Heh, here's about 40 to 46 albums I have to download/buy :p Wow. That's so cool. Let's get some more ideas flowing!

If you like melodic Swedish death metal, then I recommend Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Eucharist, but not The Haunted.

If you like melodic atmospheric stuff I'd recommend Rotting Christ, Sigh, but not Dimmu Borgir.

Vehemence is also a great melodic death metal band, and one of my friends is the guitarist!

But if you like really, really classic metal then I'd recommend Devo, Men Without Hats, Chris Issak, but not Morrissey (he's not even punk, but he sure kicks Johnny Violent's ass).

-Vince

Melo-death:

Omnium Gatherum
SuidAkra (Not Command to Charge)
Try anything from BATHORY
Crypt of Kerberos
Mithotyn
Bal-fucking-Sagoth (Thanks JP)
Enforsaken
Kalmah
Soul Shroud
Septic Flesh
Fields of Elysium

Black:
Einherjer
Summoning
Ulver - Bergtat
As-fucking-megin
Cruachan

Shit that I like that you should listen to, period:
Falconer
Gamma Ray
Stormwarrior
Symphony X
Amon Amarth

Fear Factory is death metal and some of their stuff can be quite melodic. Give a listen to their new release "Transgression" and especially "Archetype".

Woot, now I have a ton more bands to check out! Thanks guys, keep em coming.

BTW, I own every Amon Amarth album out :) Yep, good shit. Though I'd classify them as Viking or Viking-Death Metal myself.

Thanks
~Necro