Recommendations

MorbidKisses

Almost Heathen
May 18, 2002
www.morbidangelchat.com
I'm looking for some new death metal bands and would like some recommendations, please.

I already know Morbid Angel, CC, Nile and all the other ones that are talked about incessantly. So try and delve deeper into some bands I probably don't already know.

Without duplicating the bands listed above:

Malevolent Creation
Suffocation
Iniquity
Disgorge
Immolation
Gorguts
Pig Destroyer
Necrophagia

Definitely check out Asphyx, Soulburn, but most importantly,

THE CHASM. I cannot recommend this band enough. Get all of their stuff, if you can.

Also, try Cynic. Technical death metal at its best.

Even if I am repeating the bands above, since it should just tell you they're definitely worth getting:

Malevolent Creation
Hateplow
Iniquity
Decapitated
Vader
The Chasm
Gorguts
Desecration
Gorerotted - especially the track 'Put Your Bits In A Concrete Mix'
Regorge - really long, technical death metal songs
Depraved - very brutal, very sick lyrics
Visceral Bleeding - especially the track 'To Disgrace Condemned'

hey morbid,
since you are kinda new to death metal i would strongly recommend you to listen to these following bands,

immolation,
suffocation(one of the older...lesser talked about band!!)
disincarnate(murphy's project)
depresy(very high in melody..if thats what you are looking for)
deicide(i do not like it personally...but it is one HELL of a trip!)

i have seen guys mentioning deeds of flesh, origin and bands like wise...but what i feel is that you might find it very complex at this this stage.

rock on!

Originally posted by MorbidKisses
I will check all those out and get back to everyone.

Brutal death is a genre? I had no idea. I just want something... new. It doesn't matter what death metal sub-genre.

Well, it's not really a new sub-genre...

Like the differences between Disgorge and Iniquity to Malevolent Creation and Morbid Angel...

Oh. It's an adjective. Like, "That death metal band is so brutal."

So far I've heard Cerebral Hemmorage & Necrophagia. It's going to take me awhile to find all those bands on WinMX, so if you can please post a link. Thanks.

Necrophagia is pretty good, but not really brutal like Iniquity or Disgorge... I don't have any links, though you should be able to find some of it on MP3.com...

I will second the recommendation for THE CHASM !! Visit the WITCHES BREW website to hear an MP3 of them. I´ll be releasing their new album "Conjuration Of The Spectral Empire" later this year. (Link to website is below in signature)

Vader
Hypocrisy
Carcass
Napalm Death
At the Gates
Cannibal Corpse
Morbid Angel (get all their albums if you don't have them already)
Death

It seems like you're looking for more death metal than black metal, but I threw in a few black metal anyhow.

http://www.remnantsofreason.com
http://www.allmusic.com

Check out these sites to find some good information on a ton of bands that you wouldn't normally hear about.