Jazz-metal

Feb 28, 2006
Pasadena, California
Hey, I've recently gotten really into jazz-metal. I'm still looking to find some cool bands in the genre. Any recommendations?

Some bands I already like:
Atheist
Spiral Architect
Behold...the Arctopus
Canvas Solaris
Cynic

Pestilence has some jazz influences.
Alchemist are a great band, despite what Dodens says about them.

Cynic-focus would have been perfect if it was not for those robot vocals. I can't even think of any jazz metal right now.

Susperia said:
Ephel Duath even though I personally think they suck, sorry, someone else will tell you they're great.

heh, there's probably only one song I like by them. They have potential, I just don't think they use it the right way.

The Greys said:
Cynic-focus would have been perfect if it was not for those robot vocals. I can't even think of any jazz metal right now.

Yeah, that's about my only complaint with Cynic.

i love jazz, i love metal, yet i have never heard of...jazzmetal.....huh, i need to check this out. you might call dragonforce jazz metal. they have jazz influences and their metal. if i listen to these other bands i'll probobly be like "dragonforce isnt jazz metal" but cut me some slack.

Teh Grimarse said:
except if you're me, and then you listen to 'pain necessary to know' on repeat and enjoy the mind-numbingly complete lack of 'hooks' and are a pothead.

iiMhO.

no no I enjoy a lack of hooks and whatnot...and I love jazz...I just can't take too much of Ephel Duath (I do admit they're a pretty stunning band)