Raumien

Pepsi Fiend
Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
I'm looking for more progressive metal bands similar to Atheist, Cynic, Watchtower, Spastic Ink etc....Any recommendations?

Have you already tried Sieges Even? The songs on their first album "Life Cycle" sound similar to the stuff on Watchtower´s "Control And Resistance". That´s probably why some people considered them copycats (though life "Life Cycle" was released before "Control And Resistance"). However, on their following albums they always changed their style, but their songs still remained very complex.

Toxik´s second (and to my knowledge last album) "Think This" might also appeal to you.

Some other progressive bands/albums you could check out (though I´m not really sure if they sound similar to any of the bands you mentioned - I only have got the two albums by Watchtower and I´ve heard one song by Cynic titled "Veil Of Maya"):

Psychotic Waltz - "A Social Grace"
Mekong Delta - "Mekong Delta", "The Music Of Erich Zann", "The Principle Of Doubt", "Dances Of Death"
Hexenhaus - "The Edge Of Eternity"
Anacrusis - "Reason"
Voivod - "Nothingface"

Burkhard said:
Have you already tried Sieges Even? The songs on their first album "Life Cycle" sound similar to the stuff on Watchtower´s "Control And Resistance". That´s probably why some people considered them copycats (though life "Life Cycle" was released before "Control And Resistance"). However, on their following albums they always changed their style, but their songs still remained very complex.

Toxik´s second (and to my knowledge last album) "Think This" might also appeal to you.

Some other progressive bands/albums you could check out (though I´m not really sure if they sound similar to any of the bands you mentioned - I only have got the two albums by Watchtower and I´ve heard one song by Cynic titled "Veil Of Maya"):

Psychotic Waltz - "A Social Grace"
Mekong Delta - "Mekong Delta", "The Music Of Erich Zann", "The Principle Of Doubt", "Dances Of Death"
Hexenhaus - "The Edge Of Eternity"
Anacrusis - "Reason"
Voivod - "Nothingface"

Sieges Even sounds pretty cool, I'll definately look into them. Anacrusis and Voivod I've already got a lot of material from, but thanks for all the other band s I haven't heard of. :D