Jazz-metal

Pure Blood Broom said:
I can;t help you because I dont listen to colored music, sorry.
What's with all the racists on this board?? Thought it was just the rednecks in my area...

Finntroll has a song called "HelVete" it's pretty jazzy. it fuckin' rules.
i heard helvete if spelled a certain way means "whole wheat" or "whole knowledge"
helvete0cw.jpg

that's trollhorn and wilska....courtesy of wickedrock:worship:

Guitar Virtuoso said:
i love jazz, i love metal, yet i have never heard of...jazzmetal.....huh, i need to check this out. you might call dragonforce jazz metal. they have jazz influences and their metal. if i listen to these other bands i'll probobly be like "dragonforce isnt jazz metal" but cut me some slack.

hmm.. I suppose they do have some very slight influences, but I wouldn't call them jazz-metal at all.

But yeah, if you like forward-thinking music (and metal), jazz-metal should be right up your alley.

Frederick Thordendal's Special Defects 'Sol Niger Within Version 3.33'. Great! I like it much better than Meshuggah.

Hey Dragonforce has that slightly jazzy bit in that Disciples of Babylon song m i rite

And I don't think they were mentioned yet but Exivious is a lot like Cynic with the robot vocals and all. Haven't released an album yet but they've got a decent demo.