In search of a video.. drum recording where they left OH's out..

Jun 2, 2005
Okay, not enough room to fully explain what i need in the topic title..

Basically, its a vid of (i think) a lamb of god recording where the drummer records the snare and kick seperatly from the overheads to avoid bleed from the OH's into the snare mic (which i hate sooo much).

Anyone? and did anyone actually try this with success?

So you'd record two takes of the drums, one with feet/snare parts and one with the rest of the parts? or on the second take would you still play everything and just not record the feet/snare tracks?

I'll have to try and youtube this vid tonight, AFIK Adler sample replaces the kick and most of the snare anyways... could be wrong though *shrug*

-P

I've never seen that video you're talking about, but I admit I sometimes do that, and it saves me a lot of time/trouble/money[?], but the drummer seemed found it a bit weird at first, so we had to do a couple of takes before nailing it.
Also, if you have to put some snare hits on the click, you won't have to worry about the snare in OH, wich is great.

I suggest you give it a try, simply, you'll see for yourself

Does he record the kicks seperately at all? I'm pretty sure they're sample replaced anyways... are we still talking about Adler?

I guess I just learned something new *shrug*

-P

Aaah, fantastic.. cheers guys!

It's a solid method if the drummer can get used to it and i want to use for the next full album for a band im mixing.. but not having tried this method myself it's great to see these vids..