VIDEO: MALAK - Drum Recording (practice run-through)

Charles J

New Metal Member
Oct 12, 2008
Florida

Here's a little teaser of the drums. No samples here, just EQ + Compression from plugs and some outboard (CL7602 EQ and 160A on KIK and SNR)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/786150/Sonic%20Assault%20Studios/MALAK%20-%20DRUMS.mp3

I don't think we got any shots of the actual takes (figures), but here is Tyler from Malak playing a song while I was in the control room getting levels, EQ'ing, etc.

....or smoking. lol.

I'm not using ANY samples on this project! I did take samples from his kit but being my dumb-ass self, they files got erased from the audio pool... so, bye bye samples... no replacement whatsoever is going to be happening on this one song...

It's very BTBAM-ish and the drum tones we got for just the one song they did are the best I've gotten thus far.

Hopefully we can pull just as good if not BETTER tones the next time around for the full-length.

Not the best take in the world but this kid knows how to HIT and he's only 17! Not to mention, the amount of time sig. changes in this one song alone are redonk...

Oh, and I like how the china just happened to swing around enough to where the 57 was pointing DIRECTLY at the fucking huge crack. LOL. Pretty sure I rectified this for the 'real' takes.

You can really hear how big our room is/sounds when he starts doing the snare roll shit mid-way thru the video. OH's and room mics can't be seen in the vid...

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah dude! it's insane... i wish we would have gotten shots of him actually playing the song and not warm-up shit.

Kid is nuts. Plays The Faceless like it's nothing. =D