Still Remains - drum recording sound check.

I figured they were Emporers, they just never seem to have any body and only have a lot of smack. Other than that, great recording man. Loving it. Is this already edited?

^ Presonus Firestudio and maybe ART Digital MPA II, from what I've seen in the photos.

RandomAwesome, correct me if I'm wrong.

Giuseppe [giubis]

Dude this sounds killer! I am stoked a good fellow Michigander is getting work from a awesome Michigander band! haha.

FUCK YES! was a big fan until they broke up!!! So shatters, but thiszz.... My day has been made! Epic stuff, cant wait to hear it all :D

Well your a genius hands down! Get some new gear you deserve it. I started on a Presonus FP10 and just upgraded to a focusrite saffrie 56 its not a huge upgrade. You will be blown away when you get a new interface.

I have been happy with the saffire 56. 8 decent internal pre's and has expandable 16 via Adat.
Biggest down fall is you have to have another device to expand.

Any RME Fireface variant, and at least a stereo pair of Neve clone type pre (Vintech, BAE, etc), API 3124 andddddddd, another flavor. I'd probably go Trident and get an S20. I use the SHIT out of ours.... and it sounds fantastic. Very big sounding.

If I had all the money in the world, I'd still only get API preamps. Maybe a Buzz Audio for ballads and acoustic instruments. The Buzz pres are the only ones I've ever heard beat the APIs on anything, and that was just clean acoustic guitar.

Interface, really just depends what brand creates drivers right for you. For me that's RME. Probably a MADI interface paired with whatever ridiculous converters you can get your hands on.

I think it sounds excellent. Im a bit skeptical on how much better api/rme pres sound compared to what hes using. Maybe if you do get new gear you should compare old vs new, I would like to hear the diffrence.

If I had an unlimited budget I'd get a rack of wunder and maybe some millenia if i were ever doing classical stuff.

However you could do great recordings with either, or with API/Great River/ (any money pre) ETC ETC ETC. Just pick what you like and go with it.

Also, I have had good luck with the SSL Alpha-Link. One of the only 24 channel I/O that I've seen and runs well.

Yeah, everything separate.

A MADI interface (like SSL MadiXtreme/MX4 or RME HDSPe for example - you have a thread about them on the forum), good converters (like Lynx Aurora, SSL Alpha or Apogee Rosetta) and API pre's.
I'd also get a Toft ATB, 24 or 32 channel version (apparently, they have a lot in common with old Trident 80B consoles, really nice EQs). Keep in mind that all this would require mucho dineros.

I keep hearing API over and over for drums. That seems to be the biggest difference maker, would you guys say?