In search of the perfect axe

motomoto

Mar 20, 2009
I've bought several guitars, sold others.
Axes coming and going and still, i haven't found something that satisfies me completely in the point that i can say ''enough,this is my ideal axe''.
I know that having a luthier built one is a solution, and i do have this idea in the back of my head.
The thing is i know there is a production model quite close to what i want but there is a characteristic that prevents me from buying it.
The guitar is this one:
TAT%20Special%20Trans%20Black.jpg

BUT I WANT A FIXED BRIDGE FFS:mad:.
Everything else is perfect for what i wan't/need.
Neck through,necks satin finish,body wood,pickups,colour,tone etc.
If they only had it with a fixed bridge i swear i would sell all my guitars and get this one.Tremol-no is a solution but still you have to sacrifice some of the sustain the FR cuts off(and in the search for the holy grail there are isn't any compromise)
So i will wait until i say fuck it and built a custom one, or until they decide to put a fixed bridge to the TAT special:p

So what is your ideal guitar/bass?

Have you found it?

Is it out there somewhere waiting for you?

And of course if it's out there don't make this thread useless by not posting picks:loco:

The only guitar (for metal) I could picture myself liking even more than my Dellinger is one of those:

jim-root-telecaster-fender.jpg

I'd love to have both... now that I'm getting more and more offers for the Caparison, I'm getting more and more reluctant to sell it. Why? I did pick it up again... damn.

With a change of pickups and a general overhall, i don't think there'd be much that would beat my old ibanez les paul. Not a lot to look at, but it plays and sounds beautiful. 70s guitars FTW!

la2337dx.jpg

My Charvel So-Cal is friggin' amazing. With a few tweaks it's become my favorite guitar.

after I bought a Dean Vendetta 4. and played on it a long time and don't touched my Jackson SL-1 I have to say after switching back to my Jackson, the SL-1 is the perfect guitar I ever bought.