Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Static

Manically depressed robot
May 5, 2002
Wellington, NZ
Visit site
Vote!

Anyways, I was thinking recently, having just gotten Strange in Stereo, that in many ways In the Wood's share the artistic qualities and aspirations of Maudlin of the Well or Kayodot...in their unwavering vision and openness to experimentation. What do you think? Strange in Stereo really is a strange and interesting album, with some great violins and arrangements, cool electronics and odd odd vocals, showing a refusal to compromise their vision just like Maudlin or Kayodot. Stylistically In The Woods and Kayo are muchly different, but they give me a similar, innovative artistic vibe, if ya get me. Shame they split up, Omnio is brilliant and Strange in Stereo sounds like a big step towards some unrealized experimental masterpiece...

Yay! Nobody's yet pooped on ITW!! I agree with Static's sentiment, both said bands do feel like musical odd duckies, illuminating us mortals' way through the murky pond of life.

Amen.

btw I've always refrained from purchasing A Return to the Isle of Men, thinking that said demo would prove disappointingly pedestrian compared to their later work. Anyone know if it's even remotely worth its purchase price?

Nut Butter said:
btw I've always refrained from purchasing A Return to the Isle of Men, thinking that said demo would prove disappointingly pedestrian compared to their later work. Anyone know if it's even remotely worth its purchase price?
if you aquired Return to the Isle of Men you would understand where they come from, the whole pagan black metal thing that was so popular at the time... and you would also perceive they only started from there because if they plugged omnio from the start to a label... nobody would understand... also... it has one of my favorite musics from all times.... "and from all of this from which was and will never come again" (Child of universal Tongue).. brilliant.

Well... I haven't come here for quite a while now... thus, my english has been in constant degradation. Still don't understand what happened to maudlin.. and this kayo thing... well... hmm.. right in the woods...

I was one of the firsts talking about the similarities between the bands, in the woods is epic stuff... start from omnio, then i would recommend heart of ages to heavy people, seven times on a pigrimage to all you demi dreamers ... anyhow... you can't go wrong with in the woods...

ps: since when do people have actual conversations here eheh

This board isn't as completely random as it looks from the front page (although at least a third of the threads at any given moment leave me in confusion...good job guys), and its members discuss music fairly often and have very eclectic tastes.