In the Woods....

The Wanderer

Watcher of the Storm
What do you people think about this band? I think they are very good and interesting. I'm just getting into them. I got all their records except the 3 times seven...what do you think is their best? they are very mysterious and i think that's cool. does anyone know where to find interviews or anything? I found their old official site but they didnt' have any up...also what are all the old members up to? I know one of them is in Green Carnation...

They are brilliant!!!!!!! Omnio's probably one of the best albums ever (well, in my book, anyway). Strange in Stereo is great as well, if a little more abstract. I don't have Heart... yet :(

I'm totally gutted they split, but atleast there is Green Carnation. The first album actually had 3 members on it (the Botterii brothers on bass/guitar, and Synne Soprana on vocals). The new album will also have the other ITW guitarist (dunno if X is still in the band, hope so...), and the drummer, it's turning into quite the In The Woods.. backup band (although, GC was actually the original name of ITW, when they were death metal or something like that).

http://home.no.net/tchort/green carnation.htm

You forgot one important thing: heart of the ages!

now that's a great record, probably their best

oh yeah, take a listen to "Child Of Universal Tongue" on "A Return To The Isle Of Man"

Great stuff.

I've all albums from these Norwegian weirdsters and they are all best!
I've been into them since Omnio(I've got it in summer 1998), and they are one of my fave bands.

Unfortunately they called it a day(sigh:cry:, but you have to respect their decision), they will release a double live album next year of their last show they played in hometown, Kristiansand, in Dec.2000.

In the Woods... members are in Drawn, Naervaer and Green Carnation.
Chris Cederberg(guitar) is in Drawn, check out their debut
'A New World?'(on Prophecy), it's a stunning debut (sounds like ItW, but more metal, more Anathema & Opethlike).

Jan-Kenneth Svithjod(the charismatic singer) is in Naervaer, probably the oddest band nowadays. Their debut 'Skiftninger' is out on Prophecy Productions and it just has to be heard, it is one of those albums it is impossible you don't have an opinion about.
It is wholly acoustic, to give you a hint.

And Green Carnation, as you know, with Botteri twins, Synne Diana, (now joined A:Kobro on drums and Bjorn on guitar), doom metal project which is in my opinion of less quality than Drawn and Naervaer.

Just check em all out and GET those ItW... treasures,
HEart of the Ages, Omnio, Strange in Stereo and Three Times 7 on a Pilgrimage, okay?

cheerz

I must agree...all the In The Woods albums are great for different reasons, because they always changed! My favorites are Omnio and 3 Times 7, but the others are all great too. The one I like the least probably is Return to the Isle of Men. You could tell that greatness was coming, but it wasn't quite there yet.

I must also highly recommend Green Carnation. Though I just read an interview with Tchort on www.doom-metal.com, apparently the Botteris quit the band and won't be on the new one. Head over and check it out, it's a good interview!

I'm still trying to find Drawn and Naevaer...seems I'll have to mail order them.