In the Woods...

Female vocals are very often a sign of pure cheese. I don't think they work on this album. The power metal elements don't excite me.

Upon closer examination, the male vocals aren't particularly good either.

MasterOLightning said:
Female vocals are very often a sign of pure cheese. I don't think they work on this album. The power metal elements don't excite me.

To each his own but I see no power metal elements .

"omnio" is pretty amazing... but "HEart of the ages" (demo version) is their best song ever

+ "mourning the death of aase" 7" version... female vocals cheesy? go fuck yourself

I am probably the only person in this forum who don't know shit about ITW, I didn't even heard one of their songs. Tell me why you reccomend this band so much? Maybe I'll dig in.

Erik said:
"count the dead" as far as i know

there were "omnio" shirts but misanthropy recs is long dead and the shirts gone with them...

dang it. =(

anyone have an Omnio shirt they'd like to sell? I guess not :cool:

Oh well, just to keep the thread on topic, can anyone tell me anything about A Return to the Isle of Men?

I like In The Woods a lot (this goes with every experimental/proggresive scene). I appreciate their progress. I don´t have a favourite one yet, but it would probably be newer stuff.

I listend to Omino a while back and got bored of it, but I enjoyed HEart alot.. I highly recommend it. The only downfall is it doesn't jump out at you... but when you listen its like damn this is good, but there isn't one song that completely amazes me.

MasterOLightning said:

*raises hand*

I find that album to be quite cheesy, too. overly dramatic...

All albums are great, Three times seven on a Pilgrimage is awesome, it has all of their ep's gathered on one cd. Even Strange in Stereo is amazing. Fantastic band on all levels!!

I always wondered if they ever made shirts. It's a shame that you probably won't be able to find any though.

Scourge of Malice said:
Say I was going to get an album by this band... what would you reccomend I start with? I've always wondered if this band was good... I was always drawn to the name.
Omnio and Strange in Sterio

Don't expect to like them first shot around, they're an acquired taste, but one that's incredible once you can grasp their music