To the ladies on the Woods forum...

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
We are considering printing a new batch of Woods of Ypres girlie-shirts, but we'd like to try to gauge the demand before we get a bunch made. Historically, guys' Woods T-shirts have always sold better than the girly-Ts, BUT we ARE hearing from a whole lot more (and more) female Woods supporters all the time...

So, new Girly shirts...? Lemmy know! :cool:

Sorry, David but I don't buy band's t-shirts. I prefer to buy their cds to give away. Please post on here when you have information about WOY "promotional" CD's ( as I requested in a e-mail) so I can buy some of them to give away!

35 views and 0 replies eh? Okay. I'll just assume that 35 dudes looked at this thread so far (thinking there might have been photos of chicks in it or something). :p

I'm going to stir up some more female opinions and send them this way to comment. :cool:

My girlfriend really wants one and I was going to get her one soon, but I may hold off incase a new one is made, or do you mean just making the same ones that are currently out ( white/black logo ones ). And would I just order the shirt through you David, I don't recall seeing them in the merch thread recently.

You gotta make some girls shirts, my girlfriend loves you guys, and I want to get her a shirt, but she doesn't like wearing guys shirts, so it would be absolutely amazing if you guys made some!

I would love a girly shirt. Due to the fact that, yes, I am a girl. What better way to show off your love of WoY than thrusting their name out with your chest for the whole world to see?

The world needs more girlies, that's all I can say. They're a pain in the bum to get a hold of through wholesale, as well.
By the same token I quite understand the WoY position in which the band has to cough up the dough to have girlies printed and then later on possibly be stuck with... erm, stock. Especially since having bigger amounts printed means lower costs on average. There's no use in heading out to the printer's and ask for five girlies. Just getting the guy started on the job will cost you almost as much as those five items themselves, at least in my experience.

And there ends my story of very much not helpful blabbering. Just putting in my two cents as I was finally dropping by again. (And feeling guilty about reading a thread that would apparently make me a perv if I didn't post anything. :D)

basic girlies are good (specifically the "Bella" brand ones, which i think are Canadian, conveniently) but baseball-style ones are good too.

I would love to have a girly shirt....my only problem with them is that certain types of girl shirts stretch right out and warped (for lack of a better word) when you wash them, then after that they look silly on, because either they're turned into a belly shirt or the bottom of them has stretched out to fit someone 100 lbs heavier then you...lol :OMG:

So I would love to have one, just as long as it still fits me properly after washing it...hehehe:loco:

I would love to have a girly shirt....my only problem with them is that certain types of girl shirts stretch right out and warped (for lack of a better word) when you wash them, then after that they look silly on, because either they're turned into a belly shirt or the bottom of them has stretched out to fit someone 100 lbs heavier then you...lol :OMG:

So I would love to have one, just as long as it still fits me properly after washing it...hehehe:loco:

I have to agree with this. The reason I dont buy girly shirts is cause they make them either too fat and short, or just horribly shaped because of the material.... I prefer small guys shirts most of the time because of that, but most bands don't really do smalls.

oi.
I'd love to get my hands on some Woods merch.
Although, As many of us have discovered, the girly styled shirts are hardly ever wearable in comfort, again with this the shirts being too wide and too short.Someone should make a complaint damnit.
Honestly though, I'm going to buy a male shirt. And if its way too big, fuck it, I'll sew it to my size. As long as I have that Ypres logo, and I can show it off to the world, everything will be okay.

Look at all this feedback (above)! Thanks to everyone so far! This is awesome!

Okay, so, like this:

5562.jpg

4.5 oz. 100% Ringspun Cotton 30/1. Super soft, feminine and flattering. Side-seamed and tapered for a form-fitted silhouette. Longer length, slightly scooped neck, fashionably shorter sleeves. Perfect worn alone or great for layering.

Or like this:

5580.jpg

5.5 oz. 100% Ringspun Cotton.* Super-soft 1x1 Baby fine rib knit. 3/8" bound collar. Feminine styling, side-seamed and tapered with a slight stretch for a perfect fit. "Import" * Athletic Heather Fabric 90/10

Body Width: S=13 3/4, M=14 3/4, L=16 ¼, XL=18 ½
**Please note: Body width taken 1” below armhole for sizing.
Case Quantity (pieces): S=72, M=72, L=72, XL=72

...but you know, more METAL!

I personally think the first design would work out best but I'd like to hear some opinions.

So, we're almost there. Now we just have to decide on a design. Maybe logo on the front as usual, maybe something exclusive to the girly-Tees, maybe some exculsive quote or design on the back...?

:)