In the year of our lord?

hi ya
this refers to the Christian calendar (now pretty much everyone's) in which the year zero became the year of Jesus' birth--(like B.C./A.D.) "year of our Lord" ("AD= anno domini in Latin which means the same thing) implies this scheme for logging years.
the Jews, for example, are in their year 6000 (alomost) because they didn't (religiously) start over with Christ.
not sure why Opeth put this on the shirts, (i guess that it fits the religiousity of the Damnation/Deliverance titles) but that's what it means...

Profundo rosso was an italian horror flick from 1976 directed by Dario Argento, and featuring "goblin" (an italian progressive rock band) doing the soundtrack for it...Mikael is a goblin fan and perhaps an italian horror flick fan, and i suppose thats the reason its on the shirts.

Goblin are awesome and so is Dario Argento, i recommend Suspiria.

I have one of the In the year of our Lord Shirts, i thought it was ment to be funny or ironic or something comedic.

shaq? what the fuck? where did that come from?
also, profundo rosso and all that is on opeth.com.

Mirrored Ghost said:
I saw that film and loved it. Creepy as hell.

Storywise its pretty shit, but the atmophere is brilliant, one of the creepiest films ever. Sadly some holywood cheesemeister is going to remake it, (Opeth could do the soundtrack) but it sounds like a bad idea.

Alternative 3 said:
Storywise its pretty shit, but the atmophere is brilliant, one of the creepiest films ever. Sadly some holywood cheesemeister is going to remake it, (Opeth could do the soundtrack) but it sounds like a bad idea.

morte macabre should re-form and do the soundtrack, that would be fantastic.