New Opeth Merch...?

I dont hate Christians, I dont hate Atheists, I hate hypocrites... therefore I hate people who diss bands just because of their religious beliefs or ideologies...

Opeth are christian? What the fuck? FUCK!

I'm puttin the cds on ebay. Feel free to purchase 'em, because they'll go for really cheap. I don't want any of this dirty christian propaganda in my house.

I'm disappointed...

From what I can understand, "In The year of Our Lord 2003" simply means "A.D. 2003". It obviously refers to the christian calendar but only because it's the universal calendar, not because of any religious belief. It's like writing the sentence in English, they always do this because it's the universal language and everyone can understand it.

Now concerning the reason why this is written on the shirt, the only answer that seems plausible is that it would be to commemorate the London show.

thebleakaffinity said:
But in this case the Lord part does refer to Jesus. In the year of our Lord is just a way of saying A.D. in words. That's just what our calendar system is based on.

my thought excactly. My guess is that they partly want to show that 2003 is an important year for them, and partly want to play a joke on the expense on their hardcore death metal fans. I myself hate christianity and all it stands for, but it`s cool to have this shirt if you was at a gig where it was sold in 2003 (it was also sold during the scandinavian tour). Try not to be as narrowminded as the christians...