In Treatment

koelling

APT Keyboardist
Dec 27, 2007
Most of the people who know me well are very aware that I just don't watch a lot of TV....if any. I'll catch a Niners or Raiders game if the Sunday morning allows me the time.....and, now that baseball season is back, I'll make an effort at an A's or Giant's game....but that's about it.

But, a few months ago I started getting in the habit of going to bed fairly early (9'ish, as opposed to midnight, which was my usual bedtime before) and it's been easier to lay down and get tired if the TV is on. So, rather than spend time flipping through the channels I found a show on HBO that is on every night called "In Treatment", starring Gabriel Byrne as a psychiatrist who sees different patients each night. Every week the same night is the continuation of the patient from that night the week before.

Anyway, it's done very well, and each patient (each night) is very different from the one the night before. In fact, Byrne's character is having marital problems and Friday nights he and his wife are actually seen by their own psychiatrist. I don't know what has drawn me into actually having a show that I dedicate my evenings to - but I must admit it has become an addiction.

Not sure if anyone in here watches it or has heard of it, but if you have HBO you really should check it out. Great stuff.

Daylight savings is killing me. I turn on the tube, start to watch "my show" and I'm out before the credits are over.