Incantation

WarriorOfMetal

Shroud of Bereavement
Nov 22, 2005
Boston, MA // Northern VA
I've had their CD "Diabolical Conquest" since high school, but was never fully able to appreciate it, and hadn't listened to it in a few years...until yesterday, when I decided to throw it in the car CD player on the way to practice. I get it now :headbang:

Any fans?

I have a couple of their discs. The first time I saw them was with Cannibal Corpse and Dark Funeral in '02, then later that year with Decapitated, Impaled, and a couple of other bands. Then, I saw them with Pungent Stench in '03, I believe. The guys from PS had their own sound man with them from France (PS are Austrian, I think), and he was boosting the levels and pissing off the sound man who worked for the club, and he was telling the PS sound guy to turn them down.. he'd walk away and then up they went again. To make a long story short, about 1/2 way through the 2nd or 3rd song of the PS set, there were crackles and whatnot in the left speaker. The bass had gone dead too. The speaker was completely blown out and the people from the club had to spend about 30 grand for new ones. When I saw Nile about a month after that incident, the place had a completely new speaker system in tact.

Wow, I loved Incantation back in the day. Onward to Golgotha was a crushing album of epic proportions!!! We (my old band Mourndread) played with them on that tour, 93 I think?
Haven't heard much new stuff. The last one I got was the orange one I think, it was ok I guess.