Inception

Dead_Lioness

Godless
May 31, 2002
Arlington, Virginia
Visit site
Last night, friends of mine from all over the country went and saw it at midnight, and ALL of them, unanimously, gave it 5 starts out of 5.
Some of those friends, are the kind of people that have similar taste to mine and we tend to agree on almost 99% of things, so to hear them rave this movie so much, calling it one of the BEST movies to come out in the last 10 years made me STOCKED!

I am planning on going on Sunday and see it.

Has anyone here seen it yet? (i.e. last night when it came out? )

We didn't have a midnight showing here, I probably would have been working it anyway. I was going to go see it today but im kinda sick so I will probably see it tommorow, but im sure it will be awesome. :p

I was gonna go to the Imax last night, but I was fucking tired as shit so I traded my friend my last night tix for his tonight. SO tonight! Fucking excited. Nolan does no wrong.

I am very fascinated with lucid dreaming, and I've been waiting for this one for quite a long time. Howard Stern said the studio gave his crew a screening the other day and they were all raving about it calling it the best movie of the year without a doubt. Howard said it is the kind of movie that people will see multiple times to try and catch all of the nuances and plot points. I'll probably wait for the crowds to die down a little bit and I hope an Imax theater near me is carrying it!

Saw it last night and everyone I saw it with (private screening) absolutely raved about it. Definitely Nolan's best movie to date (which is saying a lot because I have LOVED his interpretation of the Batman films), and one of the best movies I have ever seen. The cinematography was amazing as well as many of the effects. There is a point where there is no gravity for about 10 minutes of the film and they are running on walls and floating around chasing each other and fighting (without giving anything away) and it was one of the best scenes I had ever seen. VERY well done.

^ OH YEAH! I forgot to say that I read somewhere that the movie was made with almost no CGI at all and all the no-gravity scenes were shot this way and the actors are actually on strings etc... that alone makes me love the movie even more!
Can't wait to see it!

^ OH YEAH! I forgot to say that I read somewhere that the movie was made with almost no CGI at all and all the no-gravity scenes were shot this way and the actors are actually on strings etc... that alone makes me love the movie even more!
Can't wait to see it!

If the hardly no CGI part is true, I wonder how they did certain scenes like the city folding over on itself and such, like you see in the preview. I wonder if it was scale and they used a mirror? That MIGHT explain that. That's very interesting.

If the hardly no CGI part is true, I wonder how they did certain scenes like the city folding over on itself and such, like you see in the preview. I wonder if it was scale and they used a mirror? That MIGHT explain that. That's very interesting.

Well, I'd say that "hardly no CGI" means that very little CGI was used, not none. I'm sure the building folding over onto itself was probably CGI. If not, then I'd be really, really curious to know how they did it.

Saw it Friday, good film for sure. It was like the Ocean's Eleven crew had to get the information out of the Matrix/Dreamscape world (minus Dennis Quaid) but one of them has a deep dark secret that could doom them all!

Some nice concepts in the film.