Incredible Concert Moments

not really a great moment, more like a disgraceful moment. At Ozzfest 06 Avenged Sevenfold "attempted" to play Walk by Pantera and butcherdit. They were missing notes and lyrics and everything. What morons.

Seated. Like, way against the back wall, in the side section. Pretty fucking shit seat.
I was seated in the front in the corner, but I waited a while when everyone was seated and scoped out no showers and I ended up taking one in the middle right near the front which was way better. But all the seating was pretty awful. Such a shithole. Hopefully another promoter invites then next time to a better venue and they do multiple nights to allow for the crowd/hardcore fans to see them twice.
Holy shit, that sounds awesome. I'm so jealous...
Man I've gotta say it was pretty awesome given the bad sound/venue that they were able to still create great moments like this.

I guess my bestconcert experience was either the last time I saw Tool when they played Pushitit looked as if the images on the screen were coming onto the stage andd the people in the videos were walking around. It was an excellent show. On the other hand I got to see Roger Waters perform Darkside Of The Moon live. I dont think I can put into words how wonderful that was.

During Pearl Jam's latest 1 month US tour, they played the final 2 shows of the tour in Mansfield, MA, and I was fortunate enough to be at both, and in damn good seats. The second night was purely magical, and EVERYBODY in the venue pretty much sang along out loud to every song the entire night. I have never felt such energy from a crowd.

I've seen PJ perform several times, and when Eddie Vedder sings the chorus to "State of Love and Trust" I get goosebumps

But the concert moment which takes the cake is back when I saw them in May 2006 in Camden, NJ. They played "Leash" for the first time since 1994 (excluding the show 2 days earlier in Boston). My heart almost stopped.

2 days ago when I saw Iron Maiden for the first time......
Dickinson is my new GOD :worship:
Rime of the Ancient Mariner was SUPERB:headbang:

The setlist was like this:

0.Intro: Transylvania + Churchill's Speech
1.Aces High
2.2 Mnutes to Midninght
3.Revelations
4.The Trooper
5.Wasted Years
6.The Number of the Beast
7.Can I Play With Madness?
8.Rime of the Ancient Mariner
9.Powerslave
10.Heaven Can Wait
11.Run to the Hills
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
~~~~BAND INTRODUCTION~~~~
14.Moonchild
15.The Clairvoyant
16.Hallowed Be Thy Name

When I saw Eddie coming from the Pyramid wall as a mummy and then breathing fire I was instantly going to pass out.....
Superb concert......25/10

2 days ago when I saw Iron Maiden for the first time......
Dickinson is my new GOD :worship:
Rime of the Ancient Mariner was SUPERB:headbang:

When I saw Eddie coming from the Pyramid wall as a mummy and then breathing fire I was instantly going to pass out.....
Superb concert......25/10

Congrats on finally getting your Maiden cherry popped, Sad! lol

I've been lucky enough to catch these guys 13 times over the years, starting with The Number of the Beast tour opening for Priest (one of the greatest metal double-bills of all time!), and there are precious few bands that can even compare live! I'm pretty jealous, too, I haven't seen them in a few years now, and I'm really starting to get the jones to catch 'em again, even if it involves a road trip! Gotta get a little closer to Florida than New York though, c'mon guys! :cry:

Congrats on finally getting your Maiden cherry popped, Sad! lol

I've been lucky enough to catch these guys 13 times over the years, starting with The Number of the Beast tour opening for Priest (one of the greatest metal double-bills of all time!), and there are precious few bands that can even compare live! I'm pretty jealous, too, I haven't seen them in a few years now, and I'm really starting to get the jones to catch 'em again, even if it involves a road trip! Gotta get a little closer to Florida than New York though, c'mon guys! :cry:

Lucky you!:)
In Romania they came only once in 1995 but then they were with Blaze and I said meh....but now with Bruce and Adrian back:headbang:

The first Eddie:

314823f7d574024e1c053a121cdab68f_vi.jpg

And the second Eddie:

c51939dd6eed33e01564dddff6c08dea_vi.jpg

Awesome show....Bruce doesn't seem to have 50 years...

Isis last night was fucking fantastic. Pretty amazing set list:
Dulcinea
So Did We
In Fiction
*All out of Time, All into Space
*Holy Tears (These two songs work so great together, especially live. Makes the beginning of Holy Tears SO much better.)
The Beginning & The End

Tool playing Lateralus live and stretching it from a nine to an eighteen minute long song! That entire concert was amazing actually!
And meeting Opeth after the Prog. Nation gig.

I went to see King's X & Extreme last Friday night in Orlando. Incredible show, King's X was amazing, as always, and Extreme really surprised me, they came out hungry & kickin' ass! Nuno is just siiiiiick, one of the most underrated guitarists around today, and a stone-cold bad motherfucker!

I got to talk to Dug from King's X for a few & he told me they're filming the London show in a couple of weeks for a live DVD. Finally! One of the best live rock 'n' roll bands ever will have the DVD to prove it! Ty also hinted that this wasn't the only DVD they were planning to release, probably a greatest hits video collection, I'm thinking. I still can't believe Doug Pinnick is freakin' 57 years old!

Anyway, probably the coolest moment of the whole evening occurred before the show even started. I didn't even realize it, but they were doing the Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy Camp before the show, and all the rockstar participants were just kinda milling around the crowd. I met Chris Slade (ex AC/DC, the Firm, now playing for Michael Schenker!) & Earl Slick pretty much as soon as we walked in, both really cool guys, but the best part was the older British rocker guy I couldn't quite place that we talked to for about 10 minutes before we figured out was Glenn Hughes! (one of my all-time favorite singers!) Ultra-cool, funny cat, and when he took the stage with his RnRFC band, the guy fucking completely blew the entire crowd away! He's gotta be pushing 60 and sounds absolutely incredible! The dude has more range and vocal power than ever, and hasn't lost a thing, killer bass player, too.

I've gotta find out how much they charge for it; I'd take out a freakin' second mortgage if I had to to share the stage at the House of Blues with Glenn Hughes for four songs!