Indie/Underground Rock

Banned
Jan 13, 2006
Chicago,IL
Since I cant keep creating threads for endless indie/underground rock bands, I thought it would be good for this thread to be used for me to spread the word on those bands and for people to ask questions for those who do know about the current indie scene.

I will start off by saying that new Panda Bear record is a must listen for everyone.

I never got too into it. All the indie I heard sounded like burnouts playing Punk.

I just have been told they are nothing really that special or interesting. I will check them out and tell you what I think.

I believe they are Indie but deserve to be bigger than they are. I rarely hear them mentioned anywhere. Check out the song "Golden" off of It Still Moves and work from there, the whole album is good. I heard that song on XRT a few years back and bought the album immediately.

Cool. I will.
Are they local?

Not near me, but they seem to have a ton of potential.

Just checked out Interpol today. I like them, good easy listening music. My favorite song off Turn On The Bright Light would have to be "Obstacle 1". I listened to Animal Collective too, but I dont know about them.

Yeah, "Obstacle 1" is my favorite song ever. Also, try their other two records, Antics being the better than Our Love To Admire.

Animal Collective is much more spazzy and out-there.

Alter here's a cool song by MMJ. Let me know what you think.

And this psychedelic little number:

Almost forgot about this one:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj4AdEd8WRM&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been into really into The Whitsundays and Vampire Weekend lately. I especially recommend Vampire Weekend if you're looking for something different...Whitsundays on the other hand, remind me a lot of 60's stuff like The Zombies, The Velvet Underground, & the Kinks. But yeah, both bands are new and have self-titled albums.