Industrial Metal

My recommendation here is not industrial or metal at all really, but more a form of electronica, and thus I think it applies:

COVENANT - "SkyShaper"
covenant_skyshaper.jpeg

Atmospheric keyboard riffs, hard drums, gothic vocals. :)

I listen to a ton of industrial music, along with other electronic music, but I haaaaate when electronic music is mixed with other forms of music, ie: Metal. I like them separate, but together they make me want to die.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think I mostly just don't like when Electronic is mixed with Metal, other stuff I don't know if I mind. I listen to Cat Rapes Dog, Bella Morte, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Bauhaus, Alien Sex Fiend, and many others that mix Electronic with Rock-style music. But shit like KMFDM pisses me the fuck off.

PS: Throbbing Gristle ftw.

It's frustrating when people call EBM stuff like VNV Nation 'Industrial'. Not that it really matters, but if you're going to use genre to describe a band to somone, you might as well use the correct one, as someone who listens to 'pure' Industrial and is told to 'Check out this Industrial band VNV Nation, or Apoptygma Berzerk' are going to be a little 'Wtf' when they pop in the CD.

Crimson Velvet said:
Moonlapse posts here now? :cool: One of the few remaining intelligent people of Opeth board!
LOL. Moonlapse came here when the Opeth forum shut down. He ripped it up and down and as soon as it came back up and they asked him to come back and mod, he went back as fast as he could.

J. said:
is Pitch Shifter or Scorn any good? Or should I stick with Bal Sagoth? :err:

I reckon you'd like early scorn, mick harris got gradually more ambient but early scorn is very heavy, he did quite a bit of dub stuff too

I recomend Vae Solis

ptichshifter started off as a good godflesh ripoff got a little bit of identity then turned to vile mainstream shite
avoid the last 2 like the clap
www.pitchshifter.com has a couple of really really good tracks as does infotainment but theyre a bit more toward the cyber metal sort of stylee
what you really want is SUBMIT a fucking classic ep
mosh066.jpg

thier best song DECONSTRUCTION is on there

beezer!:headbang:

sweet. awesome help there. been eyeing submit, industrial and vae solis from a cheap distro.

scorn's evanescence seems a tad bit hard to loacte

Prong, well i don't know that i would call them industrial. Yea they're heavy and the used some electronics on a few albums but it's not overbearing. They pretty much just used it to add a little more abrasiveness to the music. They're decent enough i guess but if you're interested try finding these songs...
Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck (from Cleansing)
Whose Fist is This Anyway? (from Cleansing)
Controller (from Rude Awakening)
Proud Division (from Rude Awakening)

They're pretty simplistic if i remember correctly. I haven't really listened to them in years.