Ink Compatible Bass Players

Vlosur Veldrin

New Metal Member
Apr 15, 2004
Hi, I'm just making a thread to see if anyone knows what bassplayers play on what tracks. As far as I know Michael Manring and Sean Malone play on the album, but is there anyone else? Also, I read on BNR Metal Pages that Steve DiGiorgio was questing on the album, but the Spastic Ink website doesn't even mention him. What happened there?

Jimbob, that's right. He was one of the first bassists that I was talking to when I started writing "Ink Compatible", and I wish he could have played on the CD. He was practicing several of the songs, but he never recorded anything. The main problem was that he didn't have a home studio like a lot of us do, and couldn't get recordings done when I was piecing things together. He was also gone touring or recording with various bands/projects, but when he was available, and I needed tracks, he couldn't get studio time anywhere. After a while of trying to get players to record tracks (and having some of them bail on me after I had been waiting for months), I started handing out the same parts to different people, hoping that at least somebody would come through with recorded tracks. Steve and I had a bit of a falling out because of the schedule conflicts, but we got over it and everything is totally cool now. Hopefully, one of these days Steve and I will get to either record or play together...

Ron