Innocence is no Excuse / Like or Dislike?

UnleashedBeast

New Metal Member
Jan 11, 2007
Orange County, California, USA
I'm curious as to what other Saxon fans on these forums think of this album. I absolutely love it but I know some folks aren't so fond of it because it was a more commercial release then their prior recordings.

Personally, I think this is one of their most consistent albums in that every song is great. Not a stinker in the bunch. Great production value as well. Kind of a bummer that the only song they seem to play live any more from that album is "Broken Heroes". I was just watching the "Live Innocence" and "Live Legends" DVD's and the songs that they played from the Innocence album rock! So, what's your take on this album?

:kickass:100% love the album, not a bad track on it, love the production, its my joint favourite Saxon album (the other being Metalhead)

Id say quite honestly overall i play 'Innocence is no Excuse' more than any other Saxon album. And what a great title it is for an album too!

I would of loved to get that alternate version had it came out (it was still advertised on some CD site recently in error)

The live dvd is simply amazing!!

:kickass:100% love the album, not a bad track on it, love the production, its my joint favourite Saxon album (the other being Metalhead)

Id say quite honestly overall i play 'Innocence is no Excuse' more than any other Saxon album. And what a great title it is for an album too!

I would of loved to get that alternate version had it came out (it was still advertised on some CD site recently in error)

The live dvd is simply amazing!!

Seems like we have very similar tastes valanx! Metalhead is one of my other favorite Saxon albums as well! :headbang:

I disagree a little. I like a "innocence is no excuse" but it´s not in my top 5 from the band.
In my opinion:
2 amazing songs, classics: Rock ´n´ Gypsy, Broker heroes
3 very good: Rockin´ again, Back on the streets, The devil rides out.
The rest, good but not superb.

I agree with "Live innocence" issue. songs from "Innocence..." sounds better live.

Seems like we have very similar tastes valanx! Metalhead is one of my other favorite Saxon albums as well! :headbang:

Yeah, its a shame there are not more songs from Metalhead on the otherwise awesome Chronicles dvd dont you think?

call of the wild, broken heroes, rocking again-good songs

the rest is ok but i dont have a desire to listen to those songs

YES!! :worship: And Devil Rides out too, A-side = fantastic, the B-side suddenly the fun is over after "let it rock, GONNA SHOUT let it roll!!" Its a good album, its a bit like def leppard sound..

Some good songs on this album, i wouldent say its my fav, but i like it. Think the only thing that lets the album down for me is the production on the drums ( not the drumming ) Like to hear that Hi - Hat when its being played it makes the songs flow a lot more where as on innocence ya can just mainly hear the sound of the snare. Have a listen to Lionheart killing grond metalhead etc etc then listen to the drum production on innocence.

But overall think give the album for the songs 7and half out of ten.

It was my first album too. And it opened me the gates to Heavy Metal!!!!!!!!
Don`t know what happened to me without buying this piece of record!!!!
By the way...I bought it because of the cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn´t hear from SAXON or Heavy Metal at all at this time.
Was the beginning of a "great lovestory":headbang: