Innocence is no excuse Re-issue

nightwar said:
Thanks for the news, Midnight - where did you get the info from?

I also read that G. Oliver had these recordings for 'Innocence'.

To be honest, I really like the original 'Innocence' album - it does suffer from that '80s curse of production sound, but the songs themselves are brilliant!

It would be great to hear a recording of the material in the way the band actually played them, though!

I've heard of this 'Innocence' recording for ages now, and have started to fear it was just a myth! It would be good to know if it actually exists or not!
I have it pre ordered at www.play.com it was due to be relea...day.Come on Biff how about it. :rock: :rock:

It does sound good, don't it!

We've had 'Diamonds & Nuggets' (also called 'Coming To The Rescue') - that was a really decent, and interesting, release. But I'm sure there must be more unheard material out there! I think that this collection was just stuff that Graham Oliver found, so God knows what other members may have!
Does anyone know if any of the band's singles had B-Sides that were never placed on albums?

nightwar said:
Does anyone know if any of the band's singles had B-Sides that were never placed on albums?

That a good question as i dont believe i own, or have in fact seen any Saxon singles anywhere....Ever.

Innocence is no excuse was re-issued on a French Label, Axe Records about 2 years ago. Maybe this is a re-issue of a re-issue. Bonus Tracks were... Do it all for you and urm...

Not been home for a week so cant look it up....

MatRattz said:
I'm probably alone in thinking that Rock the Kuwations shouln't be re-released, dont like that album too much, but I does contain the most radio friendly track Saxon ever released... (Waiting For The Night)

Not a good album, and in reference to Northern Lady I much prefer the live version of Rock and Roll Gypsies (did I spell that right 'cos I've been drinking...)
I take it you wont be buying the Rock the Nations cd that i've just seen on e-bay going for twenty five quid then.

Fingers said:
play.com are now saying awaiting stock :hotjump:

Happy days :worship:
It now says release date 18/7/ f**k me what is going on how many times has this been delayed,what are they waiting for? :yell:

I would only act like this if Strong arm of the law was to be re-released (not the 2 cd set, only the original one).
So what's all this trouble with innocence? I Have the French remastered version with the bonus tracks for 2 years or so, will the songs be different? More Heavy? Anyway they can release it on 2050 i don't give a f#ck for this comercial bullshits.