Inquiry on V

ToRuinAll05

Bassist Of ETERNITY
Mar 22, 2005
Mt. Olympus
ok here something thats been bothering me for some time...The characters in the Concept album V are Ptah-Knemu, Ma'at, and Montu-Sekhmat but if you'll look into egpytian myth ptah is a god, Knemu (Knum) is an god, Montu is a god, and Sekhmat is a god (4 seperate gods)....Why did they combine the gods if its supposed to be the story as the egyptians/astrologists told it?????

Because it's not, at least not exactly. As it says in the FAQ on the main webpage: "The story is based on legends of Atlantis, ancient Egyptian mythology, Astrology and Edgar Cayce's clairvoyant readings about Atlantean culture."

There's also a link there to a more detailed explication.

HeroBoy said:
Because it's not, at least not exactly. As it says in the FAQ on the main webpage: "The story is based on legends of Atlantis, ancient Egyptian mythology, Astrology and Edgar Cayce's clairvoyant readings about Atlantean culture."

There's also a link there to a more detailed explication.
I read the link...i was just curious as to why they combined 4 gods to make 2 i guess maybe you're trying to say its not intended to be that accurate?

Just for reference (proof of my plea)
ptah.gif

-Ptah
khunum.gif

-Knemu (Knum)
tefnut.gif

-Sekhmat
montu2.jpg

-Montu (hard to find pic lol)

Accuracy is...questionable, I think, in this case. I'm not an expert on Egyptian mythology (I tend towards Norse), but in any mythology and/or historical legend, the gods/goddesses or other characters are usually a mess. Over-lapping names, domains, and corruption from various other cultures is commonplace.

I suppose only the band members themselves could really answer your question, but whether the combination of gods is technically inaccuracte or not may be hard to determine. Who knows?

Interesting question though. Hopefully someone will contribute more substantively than I have!