Inside Job (2010 documentary film about the crisis)...Have you seen it?

Genius Gone Insane

http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com
Aug 19, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
www. ̄\(°_o)
I just saw this film. I had heard of it before but never got around to viewing it. Have you guys seen it? I have no idea how this movie even got made. I can't believe this movie actually even made it into the theaters here. Every American should watch this. I am tempted to write more but I am curious to hear what you all have to say.

I saw it, and I was unimpressed. I feel like conservatives in America have an attitude that can best be summarized as, "Nothing's wrong with things the way they are, except on social issues," and liberals have an attitude that "Everything is wrong with things the way they are, and I know exactly how to fix them. Inside Job is just an iteration of that second notion, but without any potential solution. It also ascribes a level of humanity to financial markets that is both silly and insulting to most peoples' intelligence. The financial system was not a game set up to fuck us all. It was a poorly regulated market, like any other, and we need to be level-headed when we think about how to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. It was a good documentary as far as research goes, but not very compelling or useful as far as economic analysis.

Yeah, I saw it and thought it was fascinating. The amount of overconfidence and hubris on display was very revealing, and quite amusing but for the seriousness of it all.