Installing DFHS on a Mac heeelp

JoshSylosis

May 16, 2005
Reading, Berkshire
www.facebook.com
I know I know, I'm a retard and I need help with something every 5 minutes

I've just joined the Toontrack forum, made a post like this which then got moved and I am now unable to open the page it's been moved to. And I'm desperate to get this sorted out

I've installed all 9 discs. I've got to the last stage in the installation part of the manual where it says:
"Locate the " DFH Superior Rewire Setup" application on your hard drive in /Library/Applications Support/. Launched it and in the following dialogue ensure that the 3 rewire instruments are activated..."

Every time I double click on the setup icon it just does nothing and I'm unable to get drummer up as a VST in cubase.

I managed to install it fine 3 years ago on my PC!

On another note, I also installed T Racks on my mac and never managed to get that to come up as a plugin.
I'm shit with computers and i'm new to macs :s

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Had this same problem dude.
For me it was

Make sure your computer and all that is updated.

Make sure you installed everything in the same place in the right vst folders.
Also when you go into your vst instruments (I use Cubase 4 don't know about you but I'll assume it's similar) You have to update your VST list. That searches through all the bullshit in your vst folder and shit where you installed it and puts it into active service.

Best of luck. Installing that shit was a bitch for me. I had the progranm for almost half a year before I even got it installed.

Hopefully that's what your problem is.

I think so man, I'm so crap with computers that I may need a little more of a retards walkthrough than thats if possible? :loco:

My macbook's brand new so I guess it's all good.
I am also using Cubase 4 which is handy.

Providing everything is installed in the right places (I just assumed everything would be installed to the right place) how do I update the VST list? And presumably I have to do the same for plugins to get T Racks to come up?

I had it like 4 years ago maybe, installed it on my old shit PC, got it working but I had like 212 Ram so it just wouldnt run. So I've not ever used it before this (apart from using the cymbal sounds in battery)

Thanks a lot man!!!!

Josh, if you've had your DFHS for 3 years then you'll need to go to the Toontrack site and download the latest version of the plug-in itself.... sounds like you've installed the library fine, but the version of the plug that's on those install discs no longer works with Macs that have been updated to more current versions of OS X.

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Ok, I finally got a new serial number sent through

I downloaded the file 'Superior_dfhS_MAC_160.dmg' and the library update.
The 'Superior_dfhS_MAC_160.dmg' file is for the installation of the plug-in itself right?

I get to the last part of the installation and it says there's an error and to try again. Also the 'DFH Superior Rewire Setup' still wont launch

I'm using a mac OS X version 10.4.8

If anyone can help that'd be aaaawwwwwesssome!

I'm desperate