Installing pickup for the first time..

Feb 15, 2014
Louisiana
read this first >"His list" was this
"How many output cables does the pickup appear to have?

1) One chunky one with metal mesh around its outside.
2) One skinny white and one skinny black (waxed cotton or plastic insulation)
3) One chunky black one with several smaller coloured ones contained within."
I posted this from another thread trying to get help from all angles.

I am working on a cheap version of the Ibanez guitars (The GIO series I think it is called)http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...c1caAjlr8P8HAQ.

The basic setup is 3 way switch, 1 volume and 1 tone.
The pickup is the Nazgul Pickup so it has 5 wires coming out of it, or number 3 from your list.

The pickup I am changing, is well I am not sure. Maybe number 2 in your list.

Ok I'll tell you how it is set up for my the bridge pickup in the my current guitar. the pickup cable is white with a white and black cable coming out of it. Both of the cables go to the 3 way switch. The white cable goes directly on to the 3 way switch node solder spot and the black cable goes to the back of the 3 way switch into a solder spot. So my original pickup only have 2 wires. But, from the back 3 way switch spot another black cable that is separate from my the pickup cable goes from the back 3 way switch spot to the top of the Volume control pot.

There is another separate wire that is green of color(it also has two wires that come out of it) that connects directly to the top of the volume pot (I think this is called the grounding area?) and to the volume pot node. Which the other end up the green cable is connected to the tone pot. And again the tone has the two wires coming out of the green wire, One at the top of the tone pot and one directly on the the tone node.

there is a gray wire that comes out a port (which seems to be coming from the spot where I put in my guitar cable) that connects to the top of the volume pot and to the the second node of the volume pot.

There is another black wire that comes out of my guitar about in the center of the control room and just goes to the volume pot and connects to the top, but also has a metal wire that connects to the 3rd node of the volume control.

The last wire is a red wire that just comes from the middle of the 3 way switch and just connects to the first volume pot node. I am pretty sure this is just the wire for the 2nd setting on my 3 way switch.

There is also a red node that connects on the tone pot and the tone node.

Here is two pictures of what everything I just described
http://i.imgur.com/UKZBF7R.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Ihkm2Yu.jpg

So I'd like to get this done today so I want some help now this should be enough information

I posted this in another thread. Trying to get help form anywhere

read this first >"His list" was this

has 5 wires coming out of it, or number 3 from your list.

Maybe number 2 in your list.

So I'd like to get this done today so I want some help now this should be enough information

I posted this in another thread. Trying to get help form anywhere

What the FUCK are you talking about?
Are you high ???

It doesn't matter anymore I already installed it but thanks and I didn't mean to make it confusing I was just posting a quote from another thread.

I probably should have explained but I was just trying to get help is all.