Intense support Sabaton in London (actually end up Headlining ;-) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean-intense

Voice of INTENSE
Sep 9, 2002
UK
www.intense-uk.com
Hopefully see some of you there.. .get there early :headbang:

This from Sinister Heart Promotions:

INTENSE CONFIRMED AS SUPPORT FOR SABATON IN LONDON

The UK power metallers Intense have been confirmed as the opening act for the Sabaton show in London Purple Turtle on 5 November 2008. Main support comes from Grailknights.

Intense, currently signed to Napalm Records, have released their second album “As Our Army Grows” (produced by Karl Groom and Richard West from Threshold) last year. The release saw the band getting much critical acclaim from all over the globe with over 100 interviews requested.

Intense have shared the stage with bands such as Evergrey, Sonata Arctica, Skyclad, Leatherwolf, Finntroll, Orphaned Land, Children of Bodom and Epica amongst others. Well known for their full on live show, the band have taken time out from writing for their 3rd album to hit the stage once again.

The jump from Second Sight to As Our Army Grows is about as significant as Metallica going from Kill Em All to Ride the Lightning. The skill level and song-writing has improved massively, and Intense have found their own sound.
Demonzone, UK
Powerful songs, gripping riffs and rhythms, immense vocals... one of the strongest examples of how a modern Power Metal band should sound. Tight, punchy, dynamic and exciting, INTENSE have certainly raised the bar of excellence and musicianship...
Metal Invader, Greece
...a very well achieved mix of US influenced Power Metal, with a bit of Maiden in the melodies and a lot of progressive structures...I highly recommend this one in the hope their army will indeed grow. They certainly deserve so with this fine album.
Rock Heavy Loud, Portugal
Releases:
Dark Season EP- Full Volume Records, Second Sight - Underground Symphony,
As Our Army Grows-Napalm Records

Links:
www.intense-uk.com
www.myspace.com/intense
www.youtube.com/user/intenseuk
www.sabaton.net
www.grailknights.de

Very nice of them to give you the headlining slot, eh? :lol: :lol:

It was actually very fortunate for me that you didn't come on at 7:15 as I didn't manage to get there until about 7:40 due to early shifts at work finishing later than normal and only being able to get shitty slow trains at that time.

Oh yeah, and the Grail Knights were crap.

Yeah i think it worked out for a few people actually as it was a full house and people were still coming in through the Grail Knights..

Hmm they weren't my cup of tea, though they seemed to go down well generally and were nice guys (what we saw of em) ..

Yeah Headlining after the main band.. excellent :err: Not great but nothing to do with the promoters who were very nice and under lots of duress...

We still had a blast and thankfully more people stayed than we'd anticipated too so that was nice :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.