Intense at Dominion Fest (review)

Dream Thief

Soul Of The Black Forest
Oct 9, 2003
Land of the Free
www.power-metal.co.uk
Okay, I reviewed the festival for Power Metal UK and I thought I'd post the extract with the Intense review here.

As with Humanity, this was to be the fourth time I’ve seen Intense play live and they have somehow managed to get better each time. Today it was much the same story. Intense are a superb band and easily one of the highlights of the festival for me. The set was full of my favourite tracks like ‘The Winged’ and ‘The Skull Of Sidon’ but even more pleasing was the inclusion of two new songs. I believe they were called ‘Fear’ and ‘Anger Of The Ancients’ and already I’m awaiting this new album as it sounds like a blinder from these two tracks alone. Musically it was Intense at their best retaining the power and enthusiasm one has come to expect from their live performances. Again, not everyone made their way down to the front but as the set went on, it was evident that the band were winning over much of the crowd and Sean’s commanding stage presence got the fans going. By the time they had reached closing song ‘War Of Angels’ most of the fans had joined us at the front to show admiration for what was a truly dazzling display from one of the UK’s best. I’ll catch these guys live again in a couple of weeks and I look forward to it. Excellent band, and an super set.

The full review (if anyone's interested;) )is on my myspace page right here and will also be updated on Power Metal UK once the new site is ready.

Cheers!

:headbang: Thanks for that Andy, great review and in fact a great review of the whole day on your myspace blog.
Apologies btw, i was going to email you the set list and forgot.. oops... good memory on the new songs though :D