Intercom System

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
Ok guys, after recording the last two bands I've have in here......I've decided I reallllllly need some sorta intercom system in my studio.

Currently I'm running 1 Firepod into Audition 1.5, but I'm looking at getting another Firepod this month and daisy them together for my next project.:kickass:

So my question is, how can I run myself some sorta intercom system "please, nothing expensive" with my setup?

thanks guys,
:headbang: Drew

Razorjack said:
I use my Karma Micro's as talkback mic's, works great, but afaik they have stopped selling them.

Just plug any spare mic you have into the interface and send the signal to the performer/s.

but, what keeps them from hearing inside the control room the whole time? I need some sorta switch to toggle it on and off on the firepod or mic, right??:erk:

ah...so just get a little cheapy mixer, a mic, and run those thru one channel of the Firepod?

or wait! I got a spare Condesor mic and a 2 channel phantom powered preamp laying around...... could I just use those and cut the Phantom power on and off for a switch??? Or would that hurt the mic over time being switched on and off like that??