Interesting Amp Sim - Dammit Distortion (Black Album baby!)

Charles J

New Metal Member
Oct 12, 2008
Florida
I stumbled upon this VST last night and tested it on some DI's. Well, it doesn't sound half-bad, but it needs some work (most importantly the cab sim section) but I think with the right development it could be fairly decent!

Check it here: http://masonsoft.webhop.net/

It's got a nice djent to it, lol, but I hear a lot of nasty aliasing in the highend unfortunately and the controls are VERY limited.

Just thought it'd be cool for you dudes to check out. I don't think it's nearly as good as Nick Crow's stuff or SoloC, but it is an interesting idea and definitely sounds different from other amp sims I've tried.

Probably not suited for any kind of production just yet, but for those of you who like jamming to the Black Album (..?), it could be of interest.

Discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit guys, this sim is fucking FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN to play on. Perfect for old school thrash stuff. I may buy this.

EDIT: Correction, I just bought it. $30 is a no brainer.

yeah dudes, this thing fucking rules... sooo fun to jam on! i actually like how simplistic the gui is (although it's uglyyy).

glad i could turn some people on to this! i thought it was too fun to NOT pass on..

Thank you very much. I´m loving this shit. Fuck it, I´m buying it. 30 bucks is a good price.

that's exactly what i said to myself after i tried the demo, lol. at first i was like 'this thing is going to be gay'.

suffice to say, i bought it within 5 minutes after trying the demo :)

It's really better than I expected ... but is it just me or is there a slight phase/flanger effect going on all the time? It's a real pity there no option to use your own impulses.

It's really better than I expected ... but is it just me or is there a slight phase/flanger effect going on all the time? It's a real pity there no option to use your own impulses.

isn't there a speaker sim OFF option? :eek: there is in mine..

isn't there a speaker sim OFF option? :eek: there is in mine..

Well if there is one in yours there should be one in mine...but I'm too stupid to see it obviously...where exactly is it? This is what I get:

dammit.jpg

I don't see anything...there's a hidden menu or something?

Well if there is one in yours there should be one in mine...but I'm too stupid to see it obviously...where exactly is it? This is what I get:

dammit.jpg

I don't see anything...there's a hidden menu or something?

I know that if you run it on Reaper you can get access to some sliders that you can´t see on the default GUI. Maybe there´s this option there.