Amp sim n00bs, come here

Thanks for this tutorial dude! As I record on a Mac, I don't have the possibility of all the free plugins. So I just installed everything on my laptop and it works great! I can get the DI's from the Mac and track them with the plugins and then reload them in PT :)

asio4 aye? i'll let yas know how it goes.

Cool man, hopefully it will help a bit

Thanks for this tutorial dude! As I record on a Mac, I don't have the possibility of all the free plugins. So I just installed everything on my laptop and it works great! I can get the DI's from the Mac and track them with the plugins and then reload them in PT :)

:headbang: If this has been any help at all to anyone it was worth making :D

Good tutorial.
At first I wondered about the 2 EQs, but it does work and it does make sense to set it up that way.

I used Reverberate LE instead of Kefir and S-pres8.wav instead of Final!.wav

Cool dude, I actually prefer S-preshigh to all of these other impulses, maybe I'll post some links to more soon...

good job. to the guy asking about logic

ANDY SNEAP list of guitar ampsim software

maybe you should add that link to the top as well

I edited my first post and added some more links, including that link :headbang:

Exactly why i like using 2 Eqs, 1 just isn't enough
Not really...
Just add another band on the first eq, apply the same exact settings you have on the second and you'll have the same result, since eq is linear and you're not using an "analog" style equalizer, in this case...

Also, I would personally use less drive on the TSS and eventually more drive on the amp-sim if you need to compensate the gain, but YMMV...

"Basically all you have to do is un-rar/un-zip each one, then you copy the un-rar'ed/un-zipped folders into your VST folder. Now to find your VST folder, open My Computer, open Local Disk, open Program Files, and look for the folder named VstPlugins. This is where you need your un-zipped folders to be."

I have followed your instructions to this point (I'm completely new to DAW). This folder "VstPlugins" is supposed to be created by reaper if I'm understanding correctly? I cannot find it anywhere on my computer even though I've installed reaper, Ive searched for it.

This is what a readme file says from one of the apps
"Copy the TSS.DLL file to VstPlugins folder of your host application."
So I'm guessing it should be inside Program->REAPER(x64)
But all I can find in there is a map named "Plugins" and another folder inside named "FX".

Am I on the right path? Because I have no folder named VstPlugins.. Please help!

"Basically all you have to do is un-rar/un-zip each one, then you copy the un-rar'ed/un-zipped folders into your VST folder. Now to find your VST folder, open My Computer, open Local Disk, open Program Files, and look for the folder named VstPlugins. This is where you need your un-zipped folders to be."

I have followed your instructions to this point (I'm completely new to DAW). This folder "VstPlugins" is supposed to be created by reaper if I'm understanding correctly? I cannot find it anywhere on my computer even though I've installed reaper, Ive searched for it.

This is what a readme file says from one of the apps
"Copy the TSS.DLL file to VstPlugins folder of your host application."
So I'm guessing it should be inside Program->REAPER(x64)
But all I can find in there is a map named "Plugins" and another folder inside named "FX".

Am I on the right path? Because I have no folder named VstPlugins.. Please help!

A map? If it's a folder, put it in there. If it doesn't work then go into reaper and use the search function to search for the word "path." That will bring up an option that allows you see Reaper's resource path, which contains everything it needs to run. Look inside there as well. There are many, many youtube videos that show you how to do this, so look there for more answers.